Old 14-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Rachel and Nick

Default HELP! Sawflies!!!

Attached Files
File Type: (500 Bytes, 63 views)
Old 15-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Gail Futoran

"Rachel and Nick" wrote in message
Ive been invaded with what a believe are sawflies! They

are little waspy
looking things that are burrowing into the stalks of my

roses! My whole
rose garden has been affected. I am so upset!

What can I do to stop them??? HELP!!

Check with a local nursery. Seriously. They
should have the best information on local
conditions, including pests. Then go to
www.ars.org
and check articles on pest control. Decide
which advice you want to follow. (I don't
think I've ever had sawflies so can't help with
personal experience.)

Plus I just got two new roses in the mail that I ordered

before the
invasion and I am terrified to plant them! What should I

do with them
until I get this situation under control? Or should I just

go ahead and
plant them and hope for the best! I need help!!

Are the ordered roses bareroot? If so, you can
always put them in pots and plant them later.
Potted roses can be planted almost anytime during
the growing season. I would usually not plant
a rose during the heat of summer in my part of
the world, but I've held roses in pots for months
before planting, successfully.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM