GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   poor Cl. Cecile Brunner! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/62365-poor-cl-cecile-brunner.html)

Sis 28-05-2004 07:08 AM

poor Cl. Cecile Brunner!

I had/have(?) a Cl. Cecile Brunner that was growing on a wooden trellis for
about 8 yrs., until the trellis fell apart and I had to remove the trellis
piece by piece, as to not harm the rose. The rose was over 12 ft high,
growing over the top of the shed roof, and very beautiful. Maybe because of
lack of support,the long canes died over the winter and now I think just the
root stock is growing,because the roses are now a bright,medium sized,
velvety red. Is it possible for some branches that are left of the Cecile
Brunner to bloom? Is there a way for me to find out what type of rose the
root stock is? It's a Jackson Perkins rose. Thanks for any advice. Sis

ben boorman 28-05-2004 04:08 PM

poor Cl. Cecile Brunner!

Dr. Huey... J&P's standard. Once blooming, pretty rose very susceptable
to mildew and blackspot.

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=1550

Sis 29-05-2004 06:02 AM

poor Cl. Cecile Brunner!

Thanks so much for the information. I'm so disappointed about my rose,
though. Sis
link.net...