Old 01-06-2004, 03:05 PM
ben boorman

Default Trouble in rec.gardens.roses

Have been getting a series of unsolicited e-mails from people claiming
to have received my e-mail address from this group. These universally
ask me to view a small video to see if I can identify this or that rose.

Beware of these people........

Old 03-06-2004, 03:11 AM
Gail Futoran

"ben boorman" wrote in message
link.net...
Have been getting a series of unsolicited e-mails from

people claiming
to have received my e-mail address from this group. These

universally
ask me to view a small video to see if I can identify this

or that rose.

Beware of these people........

Thanks for the warning, Ben.

Gail

Old 06-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Shiva

ben boorman wrote:

Have been getting a series of unsolicited e-mails from people claiming
to have received my e-mail address from this group. These universally
ask me to view a small video to see if I can identify this or that rose.

Beware of these people........

I really think you should show us one of these emails.
The headers would tell us a lot. Also, it would prove to
me that this is not horse shit, which is what it sounds
like to me.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Anne Lurie

Ben,

I had dismissed your earlier post about unsolicited emails because I thought
you had a website.

However, curiosity led me to Google-group for postings you've made here.
(Newsgroup posts seem to be archived back to May 12, 1981, as Google
acquired the old Deja News archiving service.)

On April 11, 2004 18:35:06 PST , you posted a message that seemed to have
only your website at Earthlink. And then on May 16, 2004, 18:35:06 PST ,you
posted "More Pictures" saying "Please take a look:" and again listing the
website.

Frankly, Ben, if you post anything that says "Please take a look" in
conjunction with JPG files, you got off lucky if the only traffic you got
was people asking for help identifying roses!!!!! (

I think you owe this newsgroup an apology.

Just my $.02 worth,

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.8ec51ee549ebfa354d898b8fa0bd9876 @1086478260.nulluser.com...

Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
ben boorman

I have nothing to apologize for...... I did not blame a single person
in this group and if you for some reason think I did.. well, you have an
issue, not me. At NO TIME WAS ANYONE here blamed, and it seems you went
to an awful lot of work just to defend this group which I have not
insulted.

My address can be dug up my many means, each of these mails I got, which
very well may have been legitimate requests, mentioned this group, my
e-mail address is nowhere on my website.... but it is here and a few
other rose related sites.

As long as people continue to take statements like my quiet warning as
personal as the two of you have.... And we wonder why the religions
don't get along...

ben

Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Shiva

ben boorman wrote:

As long as people continue to take statements like my quiet warning as

personal as the two of you have.... And we wonder why the religions
don't get along...

I didn't take it personally. I said it sounded like horse shit.
It still does.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
JimS.

"ben boorman" wrote in message
ink.net...

As long as people continue to take statements like my quiet warning as
personal as the two of you have.... And we wonder why the religions
don't get along...

ben

WhatEVER. Aren't we getting just a little carried away here? Geeze louise,
ignoring a post is so easy. It take no effort whatsoever, eh?

JimS.
Seattle

Old 09-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Dennis

"Shiva" encouraged me to rspond to this
SH^H^H^H STUFF:

ben boorman wrote:

Have been getting a series of unsolicited e-mails from people claiming
to have received my e-mail address from this group. These universally
ask me to view a small video to see if I can identify this or that rose.

Beware of these people........

I really think you should show us one of these emails.
The headers would tell us a lot. Also, it would prove to
me that this is not horse shit, which is what it sounds
like to me.

hey he's being helpfull, Horse shit is good fertilizer...

----

"the glass is not only half full,
the first half has been delicious!!!"

to reply: scrape off the end bits...