GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Brownish on the tips of the flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/64691-brownish-tips-flower.html)

JHall524 16-06-2004 12:06 AM

Brownish on the tips of the flower

Hi,
I have an old rose that was at my parents house and I have moved it with me 3
times. I notice the tips of the flowers are brown is this bugs eating the buds
or what could this be?

Thanks
Janene
Erie, CO

Gail Futoran 16-06-2004 05:02 PM

"JHall524" wrote in message
Hi,
I have an old rose that was at my parents house and I have

moved it with me 3
times. I notice the tips of the flowers are brown is this

bugs eating the buds
or what could this be?

Thanks
Janene
Erie, CO

Could be heat related. If temps have been
relatively cool where you are, then you
suddenly got a heat wave + lots of sun, that
can brown rose leaf tips. (Happens to some of
my roses on occasion.)

I suppose wetness is another possibility.
CO is pretty dry, IIRC, so if you got some
rain recently that increased humidity signicantly,
that could do it, too.

If you're really worried about it, you might
take a sample to a local nursery and see if
they can help. We've done that with a number
of landscape problems, mostly with good results.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8