Old 16-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Gail Futoran

Default 1st time visitor would love a list of some specialty rose shops and poss info more

"lookin4you2xist" wrote in message
om...
any in the world fine.......... would like pictures and

usa prices if poss......... of course anyone wants to send a
clippin id love to learn more ... like how east to send
would one be never tried ??? interested in climbers old
roses and ramblers of course would love some old chinese
roses if anyones chinese and can read this / find them lol
.....thanks for info new to this took over a badly neglected
15 yr old rose qrowers house but not as nice anymore =( but
i made it my daily hobby
thanks for any info.............

Some of that I can't decipher but let me try.
Go to www.ars.org for some basic information
about roses. Find the link to articles in the
intro. page.

www.helpmefind.org is a good site for searching
different types of roses that will often have
photos and also lists sources - i.e. your "specialty"
rose shops.

Prices vary from a few dollars on end season
sales, to $30 or more for specialty roses. Around
here (Southcentral TX), most in season roses
go for about $12-18.

I've gotten mail order roses from Edmunds,
Jackson & Perkins, Michaels, Sam Kedem
just to name a few. I'm sure others here will
have sources to offer.

"Chinese" roses I'm guessing are what we
call China roses and they're readily available
at any source including local nurseries that
carry old garden roses. I suggest you do a
search on China roses at helpmefind and
check out the sources.

HTH - Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 17-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Anne Lurie

Here's the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for rec.gardens.roses:
http://www.mc.edu/campus/users/nettl...rofaq-faq.html

You should be able to find some answers there.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC