Old 17-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Meg

Default SOmething eating my rose buds

Hi All,

I transplanted my rose bush to a sunnier location this spring. It worked
wonderfully I have had several buds form. Right about the time they will
open they dissapear. Once a few pieces were left behind. Nothing else of
the rose bush is touched. Also none of my other flowers are touched.

I have rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks and birds. I was wondering which might
be doing this, and if there is something I can put on the bush to stop
this from happening? DOes anyone have any ideas?
-Margaret

--
\\ o o
|\/ o\ o

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///
Old 17-08-2004, 12:54 PM
John E. (remove isnot)

I transplanted my rose bush to a sunnier location this spring. It worked
wonderfully I have had several buds form. Right about the time they will
open they dissapear. Once a few pieces were left behind. Nothing else of
the rose bush is touched. Also none of my other flowers are touched.

Dear Margaret,

You didn't mention whether you have deer in your area. They would be my
guess. Weeks Roses suggests sprinkling blood meal around the roses.

http://www.weeksroses.com/question&answer.htm

Sincerely, John E.

Old 17-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Meg

In article .net, John E. (remove isnot) wrote:
I transplanted my rose bush to a sunnier location this spring. It worked
wonderfully I have had several buds form. Right about the time they will
open they dissapear. Once a few pieces were left behind. Nothing else of
the rose bush is touched. Also none of my other flowers are touched.

Dear Margaret,

You didn't mention whether you have deer in your area. They would be my
guess. Weeks Roses suggests sprinkling blood meal around the roses.

http://www.weeksroses.com/question&answer.htm

Sincerely, John E.

I didn't mention it, since I am lucky enough not to have them. I can try the
od meal if it works for other critters. I'll check out that site when I get home.
-Margaret

--
\\ o o
|\/ o\ o

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 03:57 AM
Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 04:48 PM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 02:33 AM
something eating orchid buds Janet Price Orchids 8 09-08-2004 07:25 PM
what's eating my rose buds? - PIC00051.JPG (0/1) Bruce Ritchings Roses 2 18-04-2003 08:56 PM