GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   uber thrips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/82677-re-uber-thrips.html)

Joe Ordinary 31-08-2004 01:20 AM

uber thrips

"Harlett O'Dowd" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm in atlanta (zone 7) and I've always had problems with thrips and
blackspot. I've made a concerted effort this season to spray - and spray
consistently and the blackspot is thankfully under control.

However, in the past two weeks or so, with the return of cooler weather,

I'm
just starting to get my fall buds. Problem is even with spraying - every
single new bit of growth is covered with thrips. I spray and two days

later
whatever new growth I have now has thrips.

Any suggestions? Have my roses grown resistant to my spray?

Thanks in advance from an amateur gardner.

I have WAY less problems this year, I think because I paid more attention to
fertilizer and overall health of the plants. Thrips, disease or any pest
are sometimes a sign your rose needs more attention.