Old 29-08-2004, 02:19 AM
Harlett O'Dowd

Default uber thrips

I'm in atlanta (zone 7) and I've always had problems with thrips and
blackspot. I've made a concerted effort this season to spray - and spray
consistently and the blackspot is thankfully under control.

However, in the past two weeks or so, with the return of cooler weather, I'm
just starting to get my fall buds. Problem is even with spraying - every
single new bit of growth is covered with thrips. I spray and two days later
whatever new growth I have now has thrips.

Any suggestions? Have my roses grown resistant to my spray?

Thanks in advance from an amateur gardner.

Old 29-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Julie

Is it thrips or aphids? Normally thrips invade only the buds, at
least on my roses. Aphids generally attack new growth.

If it's aphids use a blast of water to knock them off the plants. You
may have to do this everyday, but it's the best control I've found,
plus it's cheap, easy and non toxic.

To answer your next question, fungal diseases can become resistant to
sprays. It is recommended to alternate sprays so this doesn't happen.

uber thrips Joe Ordinary Roses 0 31-08-2004 01:20 AM
yellow sticky strips for thrips? Bette Noir Gardening 0 15-01-2004 10:02 AM
yellow sticky strips for thrips? animaux Gardening 4 15-01-2004 05:02 AM
Controlling Thrips bk Orchids 5 14-05-2003 06:08 PM
Getting Rid of Thrips Shiva Roses 8 08-04-2003 02:32 PM