GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mail Order Roses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/86638-mail-order-roses.html)

Linda 19-11-2004 04:57 AM

Mail Order Roses

I want to know what mail order places you all use and have had good results.
There are some old roses that I liked. (Mrs. BR Cant for one). Our local
nurseries don't carry older roses..

Thank you so much for any information.

--
Have a Great Day!!
Linda

Charles Perry 19-11-2004 03:12 PM

Linda wrote:

I want to know what mail order places you all use and have had good results.

It would help to know where you are. Some nuseries specialize in
plants that are hardy to zone 4 and others provide plants on
special rootstock for semi-tropical areas.

For bare root dormant plants, Pickerings in Canada is a reliable
source that has a nice selection that even includes some tender
varities. For live growing plants in gallon size, Chamblee's in
Texas is a good source. Both ship good plants at a reasonable
price.

There are many other good sources, however you should be sure
that you know what size plants that the company ships. Some of
the better sources with big selections ship tiny plants that
require you to grow them on in pots before planting in the
ground. Nothing wrong with that, but it can be a surprise if you
are expecting larger plants.

Regards,

Charles
--