Old 17-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Rogerx

Default PINK DON JUAN!!, Yep, got me one today.

It is my oath every year to NOT buy bare root roses at one of the
local discount stores- - -But it doesn't hurt to look, does it?
But the second time I looked, I had seven in my basket headed for the
checkout.

One of them is a Pink Don Juan (I hope). Has anyone had any
experience with the pink variety? Is it a mutate of the original(red)
or does it have different parentage.

This whole rose thing is getting out of hand with me, I think. I have
20 roses, I have always had 20 roses, only buy replacements. I have
a 150 ft white tubular fence with automatic waters at every other
post, this is where I have my roses. Besides about 1 hour spraying
each week, they are very easy to keep(except at times).

Now, right smackdab in the middle of my front yard I have a huge
flower bed. 4ft x 50ft in full sun. Over the years I have used it to
plant my annuals in. It is raised about 6" with white ornamental
concret, with a white Crape Myrtal at either end. WHAT A ROSE GARDEN
THIS WOULD MAKE!

This was what I was thinking when I bought the seven roses. But the
question I never ask my self is !!WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO PLANT AND
MAINTAIN A "SHANGRI-LA" LIKE THIS???? To say nothing about the cost of
50+ roses. WHY! I'd have to quit my day job(if I had one). But since
I don't- -think I should go for it???

Guess I'd better quit my rambling(rose)- -You young folks don't
remember that song, betcha' Roger x