Old 02-03-2005, 01:29 AM

Default zone 5 mass/nh border rose advice needed

I envy you folks in warm climates and long growing seasons. Here on the
NH border I am limited in what will truly flourish and bloom
abundantly. So I need your help.
I am looking for some new roses.
They can't be hybrid teas - floribunda, austins & shrubs are ok.
No climbers. no PINKs( my husband will kill me if I plant any more)
I was taken with "purple Tiger" but most of what I've read implies
it's not an easy keeper.
I'd like to know what you think of my chances with these and any others
you recommend. Although I have 25 acres I don't have a huge amount of
good sunny places so I am limited in how many I plant and want to get
the most out of what I do. I've decided no more once bloomers and
really want those that will bloom profusely all summer. I live on a
hill and if it helps I have all the horse manure I could possibly want.
I like the looks of
Tradescant
scentimental
oranges n lemons
royal wedding
chelsea morning
maybe Betty Boop I can't decide Im attracted and appalled

katherine