Old 08-03-2005, 12:45 AM
S. LaRocca

Default Rose bud help please

Can anyone tell me if there is a red rose that only partialy opens, like
some of those you get from florists, which seem to never fully open ?

Thanks in advance,
Tony
Old 10-03-2005, 02:03 AM
Tim Tompkins

There is a very deep red HT that has so many petals (80)that it is unable to
fully open, know as Uncle Joe and Toro,

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=6368

Note that is is NOT cold tolerant!

Tim

Old 18-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Douglas in Australia too

Kordes Roses (Germany) is one of a number of breeders who specalise in "Cut
Flower" roses.
http://www.kordes-rosen.com/englisch/index.html
These roses are mainly used by the florist trade, as they can take 10+ days
to open fully and last well in the vase.
Many rose suppliers stock them for gardeners (like me) that like these types
of roses.
The trade off is that they tend to be less fragrant, but that is not always
true some are very fragrant.

I assume someone in your country / area will stock "Kordes Roses"

Their famous cut flower red is "Kardinal" which has a reasonably good scent.

"S. LaRocca" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if there is a red rose that only partialy opens, like
some of those you get from florists, which seem to never fully open ?

Thanks in advance,
Tony

rose bud graft coming Willi Garden Photos 2 06-03-2013 05:44 PM
help! my 1st orchid! Bud fall! Frank Orchids 0 26-02-2004 07:28 PM
rose bud borer? Bruce Ritchings Roses 2 17-08-2003 01:32 AM
ants are eating the rose bud Ant Roses 7 05-06-2003 06:44 PM
Rose, bud or graft now Annabel United Kingdom 4 20-04-2003 10:20 PM