GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   evil greenfly (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/90796-evil-greenfly.html)

undergroundbob 11-03-2005 12:02 PM

evil greenfly

Hi all, first post on the roses board! Mainly because yesterday evening I noticed some HUGE FAT greenfly on the juicy new leaves of my lovely bushes. Formerly I've sprayed them with your average toxins but felt a bit guilty about it and last year I moved to organic pest spray. It seemed to be mostly water and a bit of soap, and I've heard that throwing your dishwater over the garden generally does plants no harm. So, to get to the point, can I spray my roses with a weak solution of water and washing up liquid? I'd probably spray once a week, would this build up over time and harm the plants?

Many of my roses have previously had black spot and someone told me that spraying milk is a good organic way of dealing with it? Any truth in this??

Gardening in sunny but freezing Scotland if anyone's interested!

Thanks, Robin