Old 17-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Al

Default Large Roses that Tolerate shade.

What are some large roses that can tolerate shade? I would like to plant
them under some Eastern White Pines along a Road. I would like to screen the
road.

Al

Old 21-04-2005, 01:05 AM
ed

Al wrote:
What are some large roses that can tolerate shade? I would like to plant
them under some Eastern White Pines along a Road. I would like to screen the
road.

Al

They don't make em...
sorry
ed
Old 26-04-2005, 11:24 AM

Al
There are lots of roses worth planting in a shady spot. I have
Maiden's Blush and it is 1,8 meters with out any suport and flowers 6-
7 weeks very summer. Albas are usually very healthy roses with minimum
of care and there are many of them. An organic fertilizer once in
spring is enough.

If there are room for roses climbing up the pine trees you can check
out Bleu Magenta. Is is a large once blooming climer and will grow and
flower fine if given a slow releas fertlizer in spring.