Old 08-05-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Question root depth

I have a small property and am running out of space for all the roses
that I want. If I use plant URNS to grow rose bushes within, how deep do
they -HAVE TO- be? I have 2 gallon (actually 9 qts), urns... (They have
worked swell for my miniatures but for a regular sized HT or
Florabunda)??
Thank you all again!

Old 09-05-2005, 06:55 PM

10 gal. huh? Rats! Thanks... but Rats... In FL containers have to be
white or a very light color or the roots of most plants will FRY. If
necessary we use white spray paint for plastic to coat the giant black
plastic tree containers that nurserys use. I was hoping for my
inexpensive lightweight plastic urns because they are a bit "fancier"
and ABOVE ground (which also helps with the heat+nemos.) I'll only
throw miniatures in them then. Oh well...

Old 11-05-2005, 11:18 PM
JimS.

wrote in message
I have a small property and am running out of space for all the roses
that I want. If I use plant URNS to grow rose bushes within, how deep do
they -HAVE TO- be? I have 2 gallon (actually 9 qts), urns... (They have
worked swell for my miniatures but for a regular sized HT or
Florabunda)??
Thank you all again!

Just my final smart-assed 2c worth....it really doesn't matter if you had a
tiny property or a ranch-- you'd probably run out of space for roses
anyway...

Roses get to be an addiction, and you don't stop till you run out of
space....then, you start on pots until you run out of space for the pots!
Then, when you run out of space for the pots, you start digging up the
laggards. You're ALWAYS going to run out of space for all the roses you
want.

JimS.
Seattle

Old 16-05-2005, 08:49 PM

Nope, not meee~ my money will run out L-O-N-G before the space... Tee
Hee!

Root depth of various plants [email protected] North Carolina 6 26-05-2005 06:52 PM
Herb root depth Scott Edible Gardening 1 08-04-2004 07:02 AM
Vegetable root depth Scott Gardening 6 04-10-2003 03:42 PM
Weeping Willow - Root Depth Mike Gardening 2 02-08-2003 03:22 AM
Bamboo root depth and drought - was: Shade tolerant bamboo in south Florida Rick DeBay Bamboo 1 13-03-2003 05:33 PM