GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A rose named Kira? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/94939-rose-named-kira.html)

Jen 29-05-2005 12:15 AM

A rose named Kira?

Hi! I'm new to the group. ;o)

I recently bought my daughter a bouquet of roses from the local store, and
the packaging had the name Kira on it. They were the most beautiful shade
of almost a raspberry color. I've been searching google for such a rose,
but I'm not having much luck.

Has anyone heard of such a rose?

Thanks a bunch,
Jen

Henry 29-05-2005 04:05 AM

Jen wrote:
I recently bought my daughter a bouquet of roses from the local store, and
the packaging had the name Kira on it. They were the most beautiful shade
of almost a raspberry color. I've been searching google for such a rose,
but I'm not having much luck.

Has anyone heard of such a rose?

Sorry, no. But Meilland has a rose called Shakira that sounds close to
the right color.

http://www.meilland.com/rfc/roses/playroseb.jpg

--
Henry

Jen 29-05-2005 05:46 PM

"Henry" wrote in message
.. .
Jen wrote:
I recently bought my daughter a bouquet of roses from the local store,
and the packaging had the name Kira on it. They were the most beautiful
shade of almost a raspberry color. I've been searching google for such a
rose, but I'm not having much luck.

Has anyone heard of such a rose?

Sorry, no. But Meilland has a rose called Shakira that sounds close to
the right color.

http://www.meilland.com/rfc/roses/playroseb.jpg

--
Henry

Thank you, Henry! That does look very close.

Jen