GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help With Roses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/95065-help-roses.html)

[email protected] 31-05-2005 05:17 AM

Help With Roses

This is a Type III anonymous message, sent to you by the Mixminion
server at pbox-level-2.homelinux.net. If you do not want to receive
anonymous messages, please contact .

-----BEGIN TYPE III ANONYMOUS MESSAGE-----
Message-type: plaintext

The roses pictured at
http://peculiar.wcw.net/help-with-roses/ were grown from a plant that my wife bought in Oregon in 1987. No one is certain any more what this variety was called except to say that it's Silver something royal sounding. Queen, Princess, Duchess, Etc.

The flowers are about two to three inches across with a light pink shade that becomes nearly white / silvery looking in the center.

Last fall I took cuttings from the bush and was able to get several plantings to take root and begin to grow. Almost all of them have survived the Arkansas winter and are now thriving. Some of them are looking like they will be downright bushy by this time next year. None of them show any sign of producing flowers but the bush the cuttings were taken from has this year produced flowers for the first time in several years.

-----END TYPE III ANONYMOUS MESSAGE-----

Henry 31-05-2005 11:52 AM

wrote:
The roses pictured at
http://peculiar.wcw.net/help-with-roses/ were
grown from a plant that my wife bought in Oregon in 1987. No one is
certain any more what this variety was called except to say that it's
Silver something royal sounding. Queen, Princess, Duchess, Etc.

The flowers are about two to three inches across with a light pink
shade that becomes nearly white / silvery looking in the center.

Here's a list of roses named "silver something".

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/roses... =SEARCH&tab=1

Looking at the "royal sounding" names, I would have to guess that the
hybrid perpetual Silver Queen seems the best fit but there is only one
photo there and your pictures are a bit grainy and dark. Anyway, glad
your cuttings made it. Give them time and I'm sure they will bloom, too.

--
Henry

[email protected] 31-05-2005 08:08 PM

[...]

Thanks, That does look like the right one.

-----END TYPE III ANONYMOUS MESSAGE-----