Old 24-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Tom Line

Default Cole Porter Wifes Rose

Saw a great movie about Cole Porter the composer and he had a rose bred
for his wife (for putting up with all his crap). Kevin Kline was in it. I
would like to find this rose. Is it still around any perform well?

Tom Line

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
--
http://www.bobtuley.com --

Old 27-06-2005, 06:12 AM
ntantiques

Tom Line wrote:
Saw a great movie about Cole Porter the composer and he had a rose bred
for his wife (for putting up with all his crap). Kevin Kline was in it. I
would like to find this rose. Is it still around any perform well?

Tom Line

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
--
http://www.bobtuley.com --

I, too, was curious about the Linda Porter rose after seeing the film.
Spent an evening wandering the internet looking for info and humming
the "delovely" tunes of Cole Porter. Remember reading that Ashley
Judd, who played the role of Linda, was also trying to locate it for
her own rose garden. As I recall (and it's been a while), it was
really an obscure rose & better known by another name. I gave up the
chase because the only references I found were for specimens in Spain
or Italy. Try a Google Search - maybe something new has shown up.
Nancy

Old 27-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Boron Elgar

On 26 Jun 2005 22:12:27 -0700, "ntantiques"
wrote:

Tom Line wrote:
[...]

One web site I have seen says it is also called the "Miguel Aldrufeu"
rose, but I cannot confirm that elsewhere.

Boron
Old 08-07-2005, 04:31 AM
Ben Boorman

Tom Line wrote:

Saw a great movie about Cole Porter the composer and he had a rose bred
for his wife (for putting up with all his crap). Kevin Kline was in it. I
would like to find this rose. Is it still around any perform well?

Tom Line

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
--
http://www.bobtuley.com --

The Mrs. Cole Porter rose was released in 1957 by Bobbink & Atkins
Nursery in Rutherford, NJ, according to Helpmefind.com. Could not find
anything in google about this nursery except history comments.
Apparently out of business, but who knows. Read somewhere a couple
years ago about this rose and it was noted that it was no longer
available anywhere. Try contacting the local rose society in Rutherford,
they may have someone who knows more about it for it's historical
importance.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Registered User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Line
Saw a great movie about Cole Porter the composer and he had a rose bred
for his wife (for putting up with all his crap). Kevin Kline was in it. I
would like to find this rose. Is it still around any perform well?

Tom Line

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
--
http://www.bobtuley.com --
I too am searching for the Linda Porter Rose. Did you find it?

Old 19-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Line View Post
Saw a great movie about Cole Porter the composer and he had a rose bred
for his wife (for putting up with all his crap). Kevin Kline was in it. I
would like to find this rose. Is it still around any perform well?

Tom Line

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
--
Bob Tuley Promoting Fun and Safety In Shooting Sports --
I was seeking information on this rose also, I have found all the same as the others, it would be a travesty if this rose is no longer available for purchase, or in existence at all, I wonder if it would be available from the owners of the last home the Porters lived in together as a couple.

Kenneth Cole Reaction Men's Black Dial Silver-Tone Watch #KC3694 [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 21-05-2009 09:30 AM
Linda Porter Rose caron Roses 1 03-05-2006 04:36 AM
Linda Porter Rose caron Roses 0 02-05-2006 11:00 PM
otherwise the porter in Martin's tag might lift some outer cups Refined Noisy Pothead United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 12:05 PM
what Sarah's humble porter cooks, Joey grasps near closed, good barns Y. I. Bauhaus-Goldstein, CSA United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 11:26 AM