Old 08-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Anne Wilson

Default Want a perfect rose for pots

Can anyone suggest a rose that smells great , does`nt get blackspot and will
live in a container--
Anne Wilson

Old 09-03-2003, 01:10 AM
Daniel Hanna

In Anne Wilson wrote:
Can anyone suggest a rose that smells great , does`nt get blackspot
and will live in a container--

Anne, I haven't yet found a rose that couldn't live in a container for a
couple of years at least. The floribundas and smaller Austins probably
look the best because they're not too tall and leggy for pots in most
cases.

What colour do you want?
Old 10-03-2003, 07:57 AM
Zphysics1

In Anne Wilson wrote:
Can anyone suggest a rose that smells great , does`nt get blackspot
and will live in a container--

Anne, I haven't yet found a rose that couldn't live in a container for a
couple of years at least. The floribundas and smaller Austins probably
look the best because they're not too tall and leggy for pots in most
cases.

What colour do you want?

-----

What size pots?
I planted miniature roses in containers five years ago and are still blooming
.. Right now, I have also
Love and Peace, Double Delight, Peace , Peppermint,
Intrigue, Joseph's Coat, Sexy Rexy and Mr. Lincoln in 10 gallon containers .
The flower production is fine -- but limited. The only caveat is that one has
to be vigilant in the watering and feeding aspect.

/z.