GardenBanter.co.uk

-   sci.agriculture (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/sci-agriculture/)
-   -   Improving the soil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/sci-agriculture/10402-improving-soil.html)

Compaq User 14-03-2003 04:56 PM

Improving the soil

Adding sand to the soil can improve the soil.

Dennis G. 15-03-2003 02:08 AM

Improving the soil

"Compaq User" wrote:

Adding sand to the soil can improve the soil.

Or harm it

Jim Webster 15-03-2003 07:27 AM

Improving the soil

Dennis G. wrote in message
"Compaq User" wrote:

Adding sand to the soil can improve the soil.

Or harm it

yes, we have land that is moss on top of clay which would benefit from
the drainage improving. Less than 100 yards way the land is free
draining doesn't need anything, go another 300 yards to our next door
neighbours and the soil is so light that if you plough it and it dries
out, it blows. That could do with another two or three more generations
of lifestock manure.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'