GardenBanter.co.uk

-   sci.agriculture (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/sci-agriculture/)
-   -   ξΑ: ξΑ: Wheat prices (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/sci-agriculture/18007-%EE%C1-%EE%C1-wheat-prices.html)

Yuriy.Alatortsev 26-04-2003 12:22 PM

ξΑ: ξΑ: Wheat prices

Maybe you are too far from export markets, but I would think grain
freighters could make it through the Suez. Really deep draft ships can't
make it to Portland either. The river channel limits them to a 43
foot draft. Even with higher shipping costs, I can't see it adding up to
anywhere near $2 a bushel. We should be talking pennies. Your prices in
Britain should be almost identical to Chicago prices, and maybe even a
little higher.

Grain ships loading at Portland - USDA

2002-11-04 19:55:26 GMT (Reuters)

PORTLAND, Nov 4 (Reuters) - The Portland Merchant's Exchange reported a
total of seven grain ships loading at Portland. Four ships were loading,
three were waiting to load.