Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Andi B.

Default Agriculture equivalent of PubMed? (was: EM Technology? ...)

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:04:14 -0700, "Larry D. Farrell"
wrote:

PubMed shows 145 citations for T. Higa, probably not all of which are for
the individual involved in EM research, but a quick check of the first of 8
pages of those citations showed two journal articles which included the
"Effective Microoganisms" term.

Only two seem to be from the Professor Teruo Higa in question:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entre...&dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entre...&dopt=Abstract

Both are related to the so called EM-X which is a by or endproduct of
EM-1 (the "Effective Microorganisms" Technology) and created for human
consumption.

I am generally more interested in EM-1 and its use for agriculture. It
occurs to me that PubMed might only index publications that are
related to human medicine and related research.

Is anybody aware of a equivalent database for the agriculture sector?

Thanks,

Andy

Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Bob

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:04:27 GMT, Andi B.
wrote:

I am generally more interested in EM-1 and its use for agriculture. It
occurs to me that PubMed might only index publications that are
related to human medicine and related research.

yes

Is anybody aware of a equivalent database for the agriculture sector?

Agricola or BIOSIS. But they are not free on the internet.

Go to biology library and have the reference librarian show you what
they have.

bob

Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
H. E. Taylor

In article ,
Andi B. wrote:

[...]
I am generally more interested in EM-1 and its use for agriculture. It
occurs to me that PubMed might only index publications that are
related to human medicine and related research.

Is anybody aware of a equivalent database for the agriculture sector?

I am not aware of one specifically aimed at the agriculture sector,
but I thought I would mention that there is a movement afoot to get
all scientific papers archived online for free public access.

See for example:
Public Library of Science
http://www.publiclibraryofscience.org/

Budapest Open Access Initiative
http://www.soros.org/openaccess/

BioMedCentral
http://www.biomedcentral.com/

I have on my general links page a section on
Free Science News (& Sources) which you may find useful.
http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/glinks.html#FreeScience
http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/glinks.html#FreeSciSrc

If you come across a good source, please post it.

regards
-het

--
"In all of history, we have found just one cure for error -- a partial
antidote against making and repeating grand, foolish mistakes, a remedy

Energy Alternatives: http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/energy.html
H.E. Taylor http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~het/