Old 29-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Jan Flora

Default The Levis Boycott

In article , "Rich Wellner"
wrote:

To follow on with more info on charitable organizations:
http://www.irs.gov/charities/article...=96099,00.html

If people really want to make a difference on the PETA thing a better idea
than boycotting Levi Stausss would be to join one of the efforts to get
them de-listed as a charity.

Levi's is only one of thousands of corps sending money their way as a
result of these matching programs.

rw2

I phoned Levi Strauss Co. and asked them if they donated money to PETA.

They said they had an employee killed on the Alaska Airlines jet that crashed
in Jan. 2002. (Remember the jack screw deal? That plane.) The family asked
that donations be made to the employee's favorite charity, in his memory. Well,
his favorite charity was PETA. Levi Strauss gave $11,000 to PETA, in a
matching donation deal.

I like the idea of getting PETA's non-proft status pulled.

Jan
Old 29-04-2003, 10:08 PM
BD

Stupid city-boy of a very over-protective mother....
You wouldn't know humer if it bit you there....

"Jonathan Ball" wrote in message
501's fit me and I don't need to worry about getting ceratin equipment
caught in the zipper. God, it hurts just to think about it because you

look
down see what you have done and know you now have to jerk the zipper

back
down to free the poor soul.

Stupid redneck. You ought to wear underwear.

Old 30-04-2003, 03:23 AM
Marvin

Michael wrote:
"Gordon Couger" wrote in message

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

"Gordon Couger" wrote in message

If you are working in them Levis 501 will out wear any of the

others.

When

was feeding hay I would wear out 3 or 4 pair a year and nothing

else

would

last a month.

I really hate them giving money to PETA but as long as they buy

cotton

from

Plains Co Op I won't bite the hand that feeds me.

Gordon

must admit I never bothered with either levis or wranglers, as I

could

pick

up other jeans across here which wore better. Whether they don't

import
proper working jeans into the UK from the US I wouldn't like to say

The 501 with copper rivets and shrink when you was them are the ones

that
wear. They have buttons not a zipper. If it was for fashion they

were 3/4
wore out when they were new.

Gordon

501's fit me and I don't need to worry about getting ceratin

equipment
caught in the zipper. God, it hurts just to think about it because

you look
down see what you have done and know you now have to jerk the zipper

back
down to free the poor soul.

Stupid redneck. You ought to wear underwear.

Why?

I have found it a little more difficult to find the unwashed,

unbleached
501's than in past years.

Old 30-04-2003, 04:33 AM
Michelle Fulton

"Marvin" wrote in message
et...

Why?

Good point! I agree ;-)

Old 30-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Gordon Couger

Cow Lot
(940) 767-3255
1200 E Scott Ave
Wichita Falls, TX

Can fix you up with any size Levis I ever saw.

Gordon

et...

Old 01-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Jim Webster

If you are working in them Levis 501 will out wear any of the others.

When
was feeding hay I would wear out 3 or 4 pair a year and nothing else

would
last a month.

I really hate them giving money to PETA but as long as they buy cotton

from
Plains Co Op I won't bite the hand that feeds me.

Gordon

must admit I never bothered with either levis or wranglers, as I could

pick
up other jeans across here which wore better. Whether they don't import
proper working jeans into the UK from the US I wouldn't like to say

The 501 with copper rivets and shrink when you was them are the ones that
wear. They have buttons not a zipper. If it was for fashion they were 3/4
wore out when they were new.

No, I never used them. I have gone over to reaper trousers that are 65%
polyester, 35% cotton and they last as long as any denims I've ever had.
Better because the pockets are the same material and don't wear out. Also
useful round here, they are far faster drying out that denim which I can see
not being a problem for some of you :-))

Jim Webster

Gordon

Old 01-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Tallgrass

wrote in message gy.com...
A side issue:
I've always preferred Wrangler Brand -- They wore better then Levi's Jeans

dB

And they always fit better for me, too. Not so straight in the hips,
and more ample use of fabric.

Linda H.