Old 30-04-2003, 12:58 AM
JMartin

Default Carhartts--was Levis Boycott

cj wrote in message ...
For hay, try Carhart logger's pants.

I had never heard of Carhartts before I moved to the midwest. I do
own their insulated bibs for winter time and borrow hubby's coveralls
when it's really cold. Got a Carhartt coat too.

Guess I'll try the jeans.

Jena
Old 06-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Wingman

I buy jeans for mostly farm work. I only keep 2 pair for casual. I
kind of float to where I can get the best deal. There is a Vanity
Fair Outlet Mall in the next town over where I can get irregular Lee
and Wrangler (and their off brands) for 1/2 price or lower. Rustlers
are regularly $8. You can wear out a whole bunch of $8 jeans instead
of $35 Levis.

I do however, buy Carhartt online from Seirra Trading Post
(http://www.sierratradingpost.com/default.asp). They usually have
good deals on closeout merchandise. A couple of examples are $22.25
for Carhartt washed denim work pants and $35 for Carhartt overalls.
They also usually have the heavier duck dungarees that I wear for
heavy brush and fence work.

When it comes to bibs though there is nothing better than a good old
pair of Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls. Believe it or not they are usually
on sale for $34.99 on their website
(http://www.oshkoshbgosh.com/products...on.asp?did=402), It is
hard to beat that deal.

Having a farm these days is rarely a winning proposition. I have to
take every opportunity I have to save money.

On 5 May 2003 21:04:12 -0700, (Cael)
wrote:

(JMartin) wrote in message om...
cj wrote in message ...
For hay, try Carhart logger's pants.

I had never heard of Carhartts before I moved to the midwest. I do
own their insulated bibs for winter time and borrow hubby's coveralls
when it's really cold. Got a Carhartt coat too.

Guess I'll try the jeans.

Jena

Jena, my husband switched over to Carhartt jeans last year from
regular type jeans including Levis. He's not been sorry. They're
strong as iron and look good too. However, don't be surprised, if
some people look at you kinda odd and ask what funny kind of jeans
you wearing? I swear, my husband was asked several times at
work why he didn't get a pair of 'real' jeans.

Carman at Instant Knowledge News
http://www.instantknowledgenews.com

Frugal Tips, Preparedness etc.
http://www.instantknowledgenews.com/antindex.htm

Old 17-08-2003, 10:22 AM
scr

It amazes me how cheap Carhartt's are considering the construction
quality and the fact they're made in Michigan not some Chinese
Province.

They're the VW Vanagon of utility clothes; function before fashion.

scr
Vancouver, WA