Old 21-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Lotus

Default Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease

"Oz" wrote in message ...
Michael writes

wrote in message
Maybe you did not read.
This organism is not your regular animal.
Stop thinking in Boolean logic.

Michael wrote:
All dogs are animals but not all animals are dogs. (another clue)

What's truly comical is a bunch of nut cases (I include myself) raving about
organophosphates and Mg triggers like there was a snowball's chance in Hades
any of us had a clue to the causes of this problem.

sigh

Without any reasonable doubt TE's are caused by transmission of prions
from one animal to another.

The origin of BSE is unknown and there aren't very convincing pointers
either.

Or is that too simple?

Yup, Purdey's hypothesis' are very convincing. See;
http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Med%20Hyp%202nd.htm

Old 21-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Jim Webster

Lotus wrote in message
"Oz" wrote in message

Or is that too simple?

Yup, Purdey's hypothesis' are very convincing. See;
http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Med%20Hyp%202nd.htm

only if you don't actually look at the facts.

A lot of work has been done since Mark Purdey put forward his hypothesis
and he has rather been left behind in a lot of areas.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Old 21-12-2002, 10:06 PM
Lotus

"Jim Webster" wrote in message ...

Lotus wrote in message
"Oz" wrote in message

Or is that too simple?

Yup, Purdey's hypothesis' are very convincing. See;
http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Med%20Hyp%202nd.htm

only if you don't actually look at the facts.

Specifically?

A lot of work has been done since Mark Purdey put forward his hypothesis
and he has rather been left behind in a lot of areas.

Such as?

Old 21-12-2002, 10:50 PM
Derek

Lotus wrote in message
"Oz" wrote in message

Or is that too simple?

Yup, Purdey's hypothesis' are very convincing. See;
http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Med%20Hyp%202nd.htm

only if you don't actually look at the facts.

Specifically?

People of the earth... We speak to you from the Intergalactic core.
The long awaited time of your awakening has come and NOW is
the Time to wake up from your long sleep and remember all that
you are... through your hearts you shall awaken to your divinity.

Your solar system is now completing its orbit around Alcione,
the central Sun of the Pleiades, a constellation at a distance
of approximately 400 light years from your Sun.
Encircling the Pleiades is a photon belt of light
which you are now moving into until the year 2011.

Your scientists have already discovered this great ring of light
and your ancient cultures have recorded it. The Mayans called it
the Great Central Ring of the Sun and based their calenders and
prophecies upon it.

The Photon Belt is a cosmic trigger force that will propel your
planet into a new reality, preparing humanity for a quantum leap,
its birth into the Age of Love. As you move into this heightened
frequency of light all that is not resonant with this vibration will
be transmuted. Allow this cosmic current of energy to expand
within you, have no fear, surrender in love.
The universe and all its beings in seen and unseen dimensions
will join with you to celebrate your rebirth into Light.

:-)

Old 22-12-2002, 12:13 AM
Lotus

Lotus wrote in message
"Oz" wrote in message

[...]

AMEN! And about our best and only hope wrt TSEs..

Old 22-12-2002, 07:01 AM
Jim Webster

Lotus wrote in message
"Oz" wrote in message

Or is that too simple?

Yup, Purdey's hypothesis' are very convincing. See;
http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Med%20Hyp%202nd.htm

only if you don't actually look at the facts.

Specifically?

A lot of work has been done since Mark Purdey put forward his

hypothesis
and he has rather been left behind in a lot of areas.

Such as?

do your homework,
read something more up to date.

try (http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/).

Old 22-12-2002, 12:32 PM
Lotus

Lotus wrote in message
"Oz" wrote in message

Or is that too simple?

Yup, Purdey's hypothesis' are very convincing. See;
http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Med%20Hyp%202nd.htm

only if you don't actually look at the facts.

Specifically?

Specifically, Jim?

A lot of work has been done since Mark Purdey put forward his hypothesis
and he has rather been left behind in a lot of areas.

Such as?

do your homework,

You do you're homework. Back up your empty claims properly, if you can.

read something more up to date.

try (http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/).

Nice link, nothing countering, disproving, or superceding
Purdey's work and hypotheses though.

There's a reference to Purdey's work;

'It has been suggested that BSE is caused by either abnormal prions (PrPsc)
(11, 12) or exposure to organophosphates (13) and belongs to the group of
transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs) together with kuru,
Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, and scrapie, conditions in which autoantibodies
to brain neurofilaments have been described by Gajdusek's group (2, 15).

13. Purdey, M. 1994. Are organophosphate pesticides involved in the
causation of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE)? Hypothesis
based upon literature review and limited trials on BSE cattle. J. Nutr.
Med. 4:43-82

http://iai.asm.org/cgi/content/full/67/12/6591

Old 22-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Michael

"Derek" wrote in message

[...]

I haven't laughed this hard in weeks. Outstanding my man.

Old 22-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Jim Webster

Lotus wrote in message
"Oz" wrote in message

Or is that too simple?

Yup, Purdey's hypothesis' are very convincing. See;
http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Med%20Hyp%202nd.htm

only if you don't actually look at the facts.

Specifically?

Specifically, Jim?

I would recommend that you read up the issues of British dairying
between 1988 and 2002 which regularly covered Purdy and his work and
includes articles written by him.

Old 22-12-2002, 03:45 PM
Lotus

Lotus wrote in message
"Oz" wrote in message

Or is that too simple?

Yup, Purdey's hypothesis' are very convincing. See;
http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Med%20Hyp%202nd.htm

only if you don't actually look at the facts.

Specifically?

Specifically, Jim?

I would recommend that you read up the issues of British dairying
between 1988 and 2002 which regularly covered Purdy and his work and
includes articles written by him.

'British dairying'? lol, no vested interest there..

Specifically?

I went to the last link you indicated and found nothing....

Old 22-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Derek

"Michael" wrote in message

"Derek" wrote in message

[...]

I couldn't resist it. It just popped straight into my head
while I was reading the thread. Besides, I thought I'd
get in there and produce it before Jim did.

Old 22-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Derek

Lotus wrote in message
"Oz" wrote in message

[...]

Aw me gawd.

AMEN! And about our best and only hope wrt TSEs..

Still, we've had a good innings.

Old 22-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Michelle Fulton

"Derek" wrote in message
I couldn't resist it. It just popped straight into my head
while I was reading the thread. Besides, I thought I'd
get in there and produce it before Jim did.

And a very creative work it was! I quite enjoyed it :-)

Old 22-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Jim Webster

Derek wrote in message

I haven't laughed this hard in weeks. Outstanding my man.

I couldn't resist it. It just popped straight into my head
while I was reading the thread. Besides, I thought I'd
get in there and produce it before Jim did.

but you did it so well. I stand back and applaud the master.

Old 22-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Jim Webster

Lotus wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

I would recommend that you read up the issues of British dairying

between 1988 and 2002 which regularly covered Purdy and his work and
includes articles written by him.

'British dairying'? lol, no vested interest there..

yes, in the way that Purdy, a dairy farmer, has a vested interst. Like
they are the ones who were actually trying to find out what was going on