Old 26-12-2002, 07:08 AM
Jim Webster

Default Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease

Lotus wrote in message
'2.8 Dairy herds were far more affected by BSE than beef herds.

yes, because Dairy herds are far more likely to get MBM in their
rations,.

That too, as well as more manganese.

no because beef herds will get mineralised blocks or similar which dairy
cattle will never normally be offered.

who is the UK are almost all daughters of conventional cows who

were
treated with OPs

It says 'home reared'.

clever girl, and where do you think the orginial organic dairy cows

came
from, spontaneous evolution of life from horsehair and mud?

Again;

'The lack of BSE incidence in beef suckler herds (1) and total lack
of BSE in home reared cattle on organic farms (87) can

not that last word

can

it can be attributed to any damned thing that you want. Except that OPs
didn't have the same problem anywhere else when used it similar levels,
and MBM has a better match
--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Old 26-12-2002, 09:04 AM

http://yarchive.net/env/organophosphate.html
Old 26-12-2002, 03:43 PM
Lotus

"Jim Webster" wrote in message ...

Lotus wrote in message
'2.8 Dairy herds were far more affected by BSE than beef herds.

yes, because Dairy herds are far more likely to get MBM in their
rations,.

That too, as well as more manganese.

no because beef herds will get mineralised blocks or similar which dairy
cattle will never normally be offered.

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

who is the UK are almost all daughters of conventional cows who were
treated with OPs

It says 'home reared'.

clever girl, and where do you think the orginial organic dairy cows came
from, spontaneous evolution of life from horsehair and mud?

Again;

'The lack of BSE incidence in beef suckler herds (1) and total lack
of BSE in home reared cattle on organic farms (87) can

not that last word

can

can what? Where's the rest, jimbob?

--restore--

... can be attributed
to the preferential use of the ‘non OP’ ivermectin types of warblecide
on these farms. Whereas on conventional dairy farms where BSE
incidence rates were high (1), licensing restrictions on the use of
ivermectin on ‘in milk’ cows necessitated the exclusive use of OP
types of warblecide on dairy farms for economic reasons. '
http://www.markpurdey.com/science_th...s_of_bse_5.htm

it can be attributed to any damned thing that you want. Except that OPs
didn't have the same problem anywhere else when used it similar levels,

Don't they? We've covered this already, and, yes, they do.

'Apart from Portugal which only exposed its cattle to an in-feed
source of bioconcentrated phosmet/ prions in the fat/tallow
fraction of MBM imported from the UK, the only other countries
affected with endemic BSE outside of the UK are Eire, the Channel
Islands, France and Switzerland which are the other countries
besides the UK that have exposed their livestock both directly
and indirectly to potentially significant doses of phosmet.'
http://www.markpurdey.com/science_highdose_3.htm

and MBM has a better match

What in MBM exactly?

Old 26-12-2002, 04:47 PM
Jim Webster

Lotus wrote in message
'2.8 Dairy herds were far more affected by BSE than beef

herds.

yes, because Dairy herds are far more likely to get MBM in their
rations,.

That too, as well as more manganese.

no because beef herds will get mineralised blocks or similar which

dairy
cattle will never normally be offered.

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

who is the UK are almost all daughters of conventional cows

who were
treated with OPs

It says 'home reared'.

clever girl, and where do you think the orginial organic dairy

cows came
from, spontaneous evolution of life from horsehair and mud?

Again;

'The lack of BSE incidence in beef suckler herds (1) and total

lack
of BSE in home reared cattle on organic farms (87) can

not that last word

can

can what? Where's the rest, jimbob?

and MBM has a better mat

it can be attributed to any damned thing that you want. Except that OPs
didn't have the same problem anywhere else when used it similar levels,
and MBM has a better match
--

and I restored my bit

What in MBM exactly?

jesus wept.
you are discussing BSE and you don't know what MBM is. Obviously your
reading is limited to say the least. You then go about quoting vast
screeds of stuff which contains the phrase, and you don't know what it
is.

I suggest you find out quickly. Try phoning a friend.

Old 26-12-2002, 06:34 PM
Lotus

Lotus wrote in message
'2.8 Dairy herds were far more affected by BSE than beef herds.

yes, because Dairy herds are far more likely to get MBM in their
rations,.

That too, as well as more manganese.

no because beef herds will get mineralised blocks or similar which dairy
cattle will never normally be offered.

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

You

who is the UK are almost all daughters of conventional cows who were
treated with OPs

It says 'home reared'.

clever girl, and where do you think the orginial organic dairy cows came
from, spontaneous evolution of life from horsehair and mud?

Again;

'The lack of BSE incidence in beef suckler herds (1) and total lack
of BSE in home reared cattle on organic farms (87) can

not that last word

can

can what? Where's the rest, jimbob?

and MBM has a better mat

it can be attributed to any damned thing that you want. Except that OPs
didn't have the same problem anywhere else when used it similar levels,
and MBM has a better match
--

and I restored my bit

You snipped the bit showing you were wrong, again.

What in MBM exactly?

jesus wept.
you are discussing BSE and you don't know what MBM is. Obviously your
reading is limited to say the least. You then go about quoting vast
screeds of stuff which contains the phrase, and you don't know what it
is.

Obviously your reading is limited to say the least.
I know what it IS. I asked you what _IN_ MBM exactly.

I suggest you find out quickly. Try phoning a friend.

--

Jim Webster, the pastor of stupidity, is unwholesome to mankind.

Old 26-12-2002, 10:47 PM
Michael

"Lotus" wrote in message
"Lotus" wrote in message

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

snipping to answer a single question

no because beef herds will get mineralised blocks or similar which

dairy
cattle will never normally be offered.

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

Humour me.

One example is below. Farmers know this product intimately. The blocks
weight fifty pounds and you have to lug this block across frozen fields and
swollen creeks to get it to the blasted cattle. Got a set of bruises on my
ribs now from humping one of these things out to the lower pasture through
the ice storm a few weeks ago. The ice won, I fell on the thing.

http://www.martindalefeed.com/Products/BLOCKS/3307.htm

Old 26-12-2002, 11:41 PM
Jim Webster

Lotus wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

You

yep, me

What in MBM exactly?

jesus wept.
you are discussing BSE and you don't know what MBM is. Obviously

your
reading is limited to say the least. You then go about quoting vast
screeds of stuff which contains the phrase, and you don't know what

it
is.

Obviously your reading is limited to say the least.
I know what it IS. I asked you what _IN_ MBM exactly.

congratulations, against all the odds, you managed to make yourself look
even more stupid.

you have been discussing BSE and don't know what is in MBM.

fine

terrific

look I knew I was correcting the ravings of a fool, but I never realised
they were the ravings of an ignorant fool.

Jim Webster, the pastor to stupidity, is once again forced to minister
to lotus

Old 26-12-2002, 11:49 PM
Jim Webster

Lotus wrote in message

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the

animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have

you.

Humour me.

no thank you, you are just a total waste of space, you put forward all
sorts of half baked and discredited ideas and haven't got even the most
basic knowledge of what you are talking about.

You pontificate about animal diets and mineral uptakes but don't know
what mineralised feed blocks are.
You rave about BSE and organophosphates but somehow don't know what is
in MBM.

You are just a total and complete and utter waste of space. You are self
indulgent bleating child who has some sort of urge to tell the world
about the soft sweet words the inner earth beings have poured into that
rattling pot which passes as your mind, like a newly potty trained
toddler you then proudly pass it round for everyone to admire the
contents.

You have been posting to sci.agriculture, displaying your erudition to
people who have been keeping, breeding and researching into livestock
and arable crops for, in some cases, fifty years more than your reading
age. I only hope that at this point you drop into your usual self
absorbed state and don't realise just what a complete and total waste of
time you come across as.
I must apologise to the others on the groups involved, they I might
agree on disagree with, some of them are persons who can string together
a sensible argument, some of them are persons who are actually genuinely
well informed. You have managed to set whole new standards of ignorance.

Old 27-12-2002, 09:30 AM
Oz

Jim Webster writes

I suggest you find out quickly. Try phoning a friend.

Que?

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.

Old 27-12-2002, 12:44 PM
Lotus

"Michael" wrote in message

"Lotus" wrote in message
"Lotus" wrote in message

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

snipping to answer a single question

no because beef herds will get mineralised blocks or similar which

dairy
cattle will never normally be offered.

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

Humour me.

One example is below. Farmers know this product intimately. The blocks
weight fifty pounds and you have to lug this block across frozen fields and
swollen creeks to get it to the blasted cattle. Got a set of bruises on my
ribs now from humping one of these things out to the lower pasture through
the ice storm a few weeks ago. The ice won, I fell on the thing.

http://www.martindalefeed.com/Products/BLOCKS/3307.htm

Thanks Michael. I'm well aware what a mineralized 'salt lick' block is.

Old 27-12-2002, 01:06 PM
Lotus

Lotus wrote in message

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

Humour me.

no thank you,

Of course not, because a 'mineralized block', is a 'salt lick', stupid.

So, of course you now spin off in a paroxysm of antipathy, in
order to try and draw attention away from your miserable position.

you are just a total waste of space,

Speak for yourself, stupid. You alone do more damage to the
credibility of your group than everyone else put together.

you put forward all
sorts of half baked and discredited ideas and haven't got even the most
basic knowledge of what you are talking about.

You're lying through your rotten teeth. Every time you've
been called on such like crass claims, you've snipped and run,
leaving a trail of slime in your wake.

You pontificate about animal diets and mineral uptakes but don't know
what mineralised feed blocks are.

Mineralized FEED blocks? What are you saying here? Are these
'mineralized feed blocks' like little sugar cubes scattered in the grass?

You rave about BSE and organophosphates but somehow don't know what is
in MBM.

More obvious lies.

You are just a total and complete and utter waste of space. You are self
indulgent bleating child who has some sort of urge to tell the world
about the soft sweet words the inner earth beings have poured into that
rattling pot which passes as your mind, like a newly potty trained
toddler you then proudly pass it round for everyone to admire the
contents.

That's YOUR obsession, jimboy. YOU are the one that ever
seeks refuge in the 'inner earth saga' when the going gets tough.

You have been posting to sci.agriculture,

You started the cross-post.

displaying your erudition to
people who have been keeping, breeding and researching into livestock
and arable crops for, in some cases, fifty years more than your reading
age. I only hope that at this point you drop into your usual self
absorbed state and don't realise just what a complete and total waste of
time you come across as.

Speak for yourself, stupid.

I must apologise to the others on the groups involved, they I might
agree on disagree with, some of them are persons who can string together
a sensible argument, some of them are persons who are actually genuinely
well informed. You have managed to set whole new standards of ignorance.

Says the geezer who can't even be honest about what a mineralized block is.

--

Jim Webster, the pastor of stupidity, is unwholesome to mankind.

Old 27-12-2002, 01:12 PM
Lotus

Lotus wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

You

yep, me

idiot.

What in MBM exactly?

jesus wept.
you are discussing BSE and you don't know what MBM is. Obviously your
reading is limited to say the least. You then go about quoting vast
screeds of stuff which contains the phrase, and you don't know what it
is.

Obviously your reading is limited to say the least.
I know what it IS. I asked you what _IN_ MBM exactly.

congratulations, against all the odds, you managed to make yourself look
even more stupid.

Didn't you, Jim. Well done.

you have been discussing BSE and don't know what is in MBM.

YOU said- "MBM has a better match" with BSE.

I asked you what YOU think it was in MBM exactly that
precipitated, or caused BSE.

Whenever you're done frantically beating around the bush.

--

Jim Webster, the pastor of stupidity, is unwholesome to mankind.

Old 27-12-2002, 02:38 PM
Michael

"Lotus" wrote in message
"Michael" wrote in message

"Lotus" wrote in message
"Lotus" wrote in message

[...]

Never "heard" it called that before.

Old 27-12-2002, 02:38 PM
Michael

Lotus wrote in message

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the

animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have

you.

Humour me.

no thank you,

Of course not, because a 'mineralized block', is a 'salt lick', stupid.

No, it is not. It may contain a large percentage of salt but it is not used
for the same purpose or should it be used for all domestic animals.

So, of course you now spin off in a paroxysm of antipathy, in
order to try and draw attention away from your miserable position.

you are just a total waste of space,

Speak for yourself, stupid. You alone do more damage to the
credibility of your group than everyone else put together.

you put forward all
sorts of half baked and discredited ideas and haven't got even the most
basic knowledge of what you are talking about.

You're lying through your rotten teeth. Every time you've
been called on such like crass claims, you've snipped and run,
leaving a trail of slime in your wake.

You pontificate about animal diets and mineral uptakes but don't know
what mineralised feed blocks are.

Mineralized FEED blocks? What are you saying here? Are these
'mineralized feed blocks' like little sugar cubes scattered in the grass?

There are licks AND feed blocks. Both weigh about fifty pounds. The feed
blocks must be protected from the weather or they will crumble and become
inedible. The licks are solid enough to be either simply dropped in the
pasture or put in a salt block holder.

snipped for brevity