Old 27-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Lotus

Default Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease

"Michael" wrote in message

"Lotus" wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Lotus wrote in message

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

Humour me.

no thank you,

Of course not, because a 'mineralized block', is a 'salt lick', stupid.

No, it is not. It may contain a large percentage of salt but it is not used
for the same purpose or should it be used for all domestic animals.

Fine, it's a fancier version of the same sort of thing.

[..]

Mineralized FEED blocks? What are you saying here? Are these
'mineralized feed blocks' like little sugar cubes scattered in the grass?

There are licks AND feed blocks. Both weigh about fifty pounds. The feed
blocks must be protected from the weather or they will crumble and become
inedible. The licks are solid enough to be either simply dropped in the
pasture or put in a salt block holder.

Fine, but the animals take of it ad-lib, which is different
from adding minerals to feed, which was my point.

Old 27-12-2002, 03:44 PM
Jim Webster

Gordon Couger wrote in message
.net...

Jim Webster, the pastor to stupidity, is once again forced to

minister
to lotus

Jim,

You need a hobby. Try drink and women.

well lotus, when she grows up, will probably drive some poor sap to
drink.

I long ago discovered that you are wasting your time trying to cope will
all her mistakes at once. The only way to deal with her is to stop
reading the lengthy pile she makes of her posts when you come to her
first major error. Stop there, snip the rest and just go about getting
that one corrected.
Once you have got that one corrected (which can take ten or more posts)
you move to the next fatuous error.
Attempting to hold a reasoned conversation with her is a waste of time,
she will keep shifting her ground and attempt to swamp you with yet more
cut and paste extravaganzas from more and more bizarre websites.

Normally I make another rule, only answer one of her posts, if necessary
combining several into that one, as life is too short to waste too much
time on her.

I do find dealing with her useful in that she comes up with all the
hackneyed cliches and you do get to see just which long exploded scare
story is about to start doing the rounds again.
This means that when you come to deal with reasonable people in the real
world, you have had chance to check up on the data and can help prevent
a re-run of the last panic.
--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Old 27-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Michelle Fulton

"Jim Webster" wrote in message
"Lotus" wrote in message

Thanks Michael. I'm well aware what a mineralized 'salt lick' block

is.

ohmygod

LOL :-))

Old 27-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Jim Webster

. ..

"Lotus" wrote in message

Thanks Michael. I'm well aware what a mineralized 'salt lick'

block
is.

ohmygod

LOL :-))

yes, but she is a product of our educational system!
The reason I am glad it is cross posted to sci.agric is that I don't
think most Americans real just what sort of idiot we have to put up with
over here.
Not only is she about par for level of ignorance, but like the rest of
her ilk she thinks she is an expert on it all.
Reads three strange websites and suddenly she is qualified to lecture us
all on whatever take her fancy.
Armed with an almost impervious ignorance she hasn't the faintest idea
what the current research is, disbelieves the official figures, yet they
are the figures that all the researchers she is quoting work from. As
the figures I quoted on CJD deaths are Torstens and I took them from sci
agric I don't know why she doesn't beard Torsten about them now.

You have to laugh or you would weep for a lost generation.

Old 27-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Lotus

Lotus wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

But beef herds use salt licks at will. Added to feed, the animal
has no choice but to ingest it.

you haven't the faintest idea what a mineralised block is have you.

You

yep, me

idiot.

What in MBM exactly?

jesus wept.
you are discussing BSE and you don't know what MBM is. Obviously your
reading is limited to say the least. You then go about quoting vast
screeds of stuff which contains the phrase, and you don't know what it
is.

Obviously your reading is limited to say the least.
I know what it IS. I asked you what _IN_ MBM exactly.

congratulations, against all the odds, you managed to make yourself look
even more stupid.

Didn't you, Jim. Well done.

you have been discussing BSE and don't know what is in MBM.

YOU said- "MBM has a better match" with BSE.

I asked you what YOU think it was in MBM exactly that
precipitated, or caused BSE.

Whenever you're done frantically beating around the bush.

Jim?

--

Jim Webster, the pastor of stupidity, is unwholesome to mankind.

Old 27-12-2002, 06:28 PM
Lotus

"Jim Webster" wrote in message ...

Gordon Couger wrote in message
.net...

Jim Webster, the pastor to stupidity, is once again forced to

minister
to lotus

Jim,

You need a hobby. Try drink and women.

well l, [snip jim drool]

Lotus wrote in message

[...]

Nope, can't find a SINGLE reference to the use of mineralised
FEED blocks in the UK.

Jim added that later, because I was right wrt mineralised
blocks being used ad-lib.

Didn't you, liar Jim?

Old 27-12-2002, 06:47 PM
Michael

"Lotus" wrote in message
"Michael" wrote in message

Unimportant and distracting things deleted

There are licks AND feed blocks. Both weigh about fifty pounds. The

feed
blocks must be protected from the weather or they will crumble and

become
inedible. The licks are solid enough to be either simply dropped in the
pasture or put in a salt block holder.

Fine, but the animals take of it ad-lib, which is different
from adding minerals to feed, which was my point.

Blocks are free access for the animals. Granulated minerals that are added
to the feed are the same materials but administered differently. Is there a
problem with that?

What is your point, not a cut and paste from twenty years ago..

Old 27-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Jim Webster

Lotus wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Gordon Couger wrote in message
.net...

Jim Webster, the pastor to stupidity, is once again forced to

minister
to lotus

Jim,

You need a hobby. Try drink and women.

tsk tsk, temper temper,

so in your own words what is the difference between a salt lick and a
feed block.

when you have got this correct we can go on to discussing slightly more
difficult issues.

Old 27-12-2002, 08:16 PM
Lotus

Lotus wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Gordon Couger wrote in message
.net...

You need a hobby. Try drink and women.

tsk tsk, temper temper,

He has a point, jim.

so in your own words what is the difference between a salt lick and a
feed block.

Try actually addressing my points first, jim.

I can't find a SINGLE reference to the use of mineralised
FEED blocks in the UK.

Jim, you added that later, because I was right wrt _mineralised
blocks_ being used *ad-lib*. Didn't you, liar Jim?

Old 27-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Lotus

"Michael" wrote in message

"Lotus" wrote in message
"Michael" wrote in message

There are licks AND feed blocks. Both weigh about fifty pounds. The feed
blocks must be protected from the weather or they will crumble and become
inedible. The licks are solid enough to be either simply dropped in the
pasture or put in a salt block holder.

Fine, but the animals take of it ad-lib, which is different
from adding minerals to feed, which was my point.

Blocks are free access for the animals. Granulated minerals that are added
to the feed are the same materials but administered differently. Is there a
problem with that?

Nope, that's what I said.

What is your point, not a cut and paste from twenty years ago..

That dairy herds ingested more manganese, minerals having been
added directly to their feed, than suckler herds mostly grazing and
taking minerals ad-lib, which may also partially explain the higher
incidence of BSE in dairy herds than suckler herds.

Old 27-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Jim Webster

Lotus wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Gordon Couger wrote in message
.net...

You need a hobby. Try drink and women.

tsk tsk, temper temper,

He has a point, jim.

so in your own words what is the difference between a salt lick and

feed block.

Try actually addressing my points first, jim.

I can't find a SINGLE reference to the use of mineralised
FEED blocks in the UK.

now that's tough because I've seen them stacked up to the roof in many
feed merchants.

Old 28-12-2002, 12:17 AM
Oz

Jim Webster writes

I can't find a SINGLE reference to the use of mineralised
FEED blocks in the UK.

now that's tough because I've seen them stacked up to the roof in many
feed merchants.

Quite. The profundity of ignorance beggars belief!

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.

Old 28-12-2002, 07:02 AM
Jim Webster

Oz wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

I can't find a SINGLE reference to the use of mineralised
FEED blocks in the UK.

now that's tough because I've seen them stacked up to the roof in

many
feed merchants.

Quite. The profundity of ignorance beggars belief!

comes from the fact that her entire knowledge of the situation stems
entirely from websites, written entirely by people who have an axe to
grind and no knowledge of the situation in the real world.

Old 28-12-2002, 08:30 AM
Oz

Jim Webster writes

Quite. The profundity of ignorance beggars belief!

comes from the fact that her entire knowledge of the situation stems
entirely from websites, written entirely by people who have an axe to
grind and no knowledge of the situation in the real world.

But she neither reads, let alone misunderstands, even those webpages.

That's why she posts them complete and doesn't snip.

She really doesn't realise how stunningly stupid she is.

Old 28-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Jim Webster

Gordon Couger wrote in message

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

Quite. The profundity of ignorance beggars belief!

comes from the fact that her entire knowledge of the situation

stems
entirely from websites, written entirely by people who have an axe

grind and no knowledge of the situation in the real world.

But she neither reads, let alone misunderstands, even those

webpages.

That's why she posts them complete and doesn't snip.

She really doesn't realise how stunningly stupid she is.

One of Trosten's better points is he has decent understanding of

agriclture.
Most of the ones like Lotus wold starve in yard full of chickens.

They have
no concept of what is involved in agriclture. Every choice we make has

good
points and bad points. I doubt there is a single practice in

agricultue that
doesn't have a negitive impace somewhere. The poo poo the idea of

gravity
causing soil loss. Unless they spend several days rolling dirt back up

on
terrace ever 2 or 3 years they can't see it driving by at 60 miles per

hour.

The most vexing thing is their unwavering believe in the justness of

their
cause when most have made no effort at all to understand the problem.

They
listen to some scare story and disregruard every reaspected scientists

that
supports it and take the word of law breakers, bums and thugs over law
abiding folks.

Maybe we sould take up some of their methods and drop by the homes of
leadership of Green Piece abnd their contribtiers with pick handles

and
explaine the error in their ways and see if they can take it like they

dish
it out. See if Ruckus is for hire to the highest bidder.

It always annoyed me to play a game with two sets of rules one for my

side
and one for theirs. I rember the college unrest in the US in the 60's.

It
came to an abrupt end at Kent State when the students pushed to

national
gardmen too far in a corner and the National Gardsmen killed two

students.
We have't had a problem since. I am not for killing any one but if

they are
going to beat up citizens they sould not be supprized if they get the

same
treatement.

Political correctness is not someting a farmer has to toe the line on.

I think that is one reason why politicians in the UK tend to try and
brush agriculture under the carpet. Agriculture is real and reality
bites. It doesn't matter a damn what you believe or how strong your
convictions are, if it rains at the wrong time, the jobs knackered.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Gordon