GardenBanter.co.uk

-   sci.agriculture (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/sci-agriculture/)
-   -   Matilda is dead too [Was: Dead Dolly] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/sci-agriculture/2428-matilda-dead-too-%5B-dead-dolly%5D.html)

Phred 15-02-2003 03:15 PM

Matilda is dead too [Was: Dead Dolly]

In article ,
Dean Hoffman wrote:

Dolly the cloned sheep died this week at the ripe young age of six. The
cause was progressive lung disease. She had arthritis also.

Matilda died a week or so ago too. Found dead in the flock last
Sunday (9 Feb 03) IIRC. At the time they said the cause of death was
unknown. I haven't seen any subsequent diagnosis.

I think she was only about three, but had had lambs already.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Dean Hoffman 15-02-2003 03:34 PM

Matilda is dead too [Was: Dead Dolly]

On 2/15/03 9:15 AM, in article ,
"Phred" wrote:

In article ,
Dean Hoffman wrote:

Dolly the cloned sheep died this week at the ripe young age of six. The
cause was progressive lung disease. She had arthritis also.

Matilda died a week or so ago too. Found dead in the flock last
Sunday (9 Feb 03) IIRC. At the time they said the cause of death was
unknown. I haven't seen any subsequent diagnosis.

I think she was only about three, but had had lambs already.

Cheers, Phred.

I heard another, later news account. Dolly was actually put down because
of her condition. They said another sheep had the same thing as Dolly.

Dean