GardenBanter.co.uk

-   sci.agriculture (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/sci-agriculture/)
-   -   Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/sci-agriculture/2429-earth-affected-venus-nasa-affected-guth-venus.html)

Michael R. Grabois ... change $ to \s\ 23-11-2002 10:29 AM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 06:50:33 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

Michael R. Grabois ... change $ to "s"
wrote in message ...
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:18:28 -0000, "Jim Webster"

wrote:

Brad Guth wrote in message
. com...
OZ, I have another few questions, like wxactly where is Venus?

just down Crellin Street, past the chippie.

Take a right at the light, keep going straight until night, and then

boy you're
on your own.

peter pan was a least in the same mental sphere as humanity, you've
broken through the event horizon and are acclerating away at
relativistic speeds. If you look back over your shoulder you might just
be able to spot reality.

Actually, mine was a lyric from Bruce Springsteen's "Blinded by the Light".

"Madmen, drummers, bummers, and Indians in the summer..."

--
Michael R. Grabois -//- http://chili.cjb.net
"People say losing builds character. That's the stupidest thing I ever

Jim Webster 23-11-2002 11:00 AM

wrote:

Brad Guth wrote in message
. com...
OZ, I have another few questions, like wxactly where is Venus?

just down Crellin Street, past the chippie.

Take a right at the light, keep going straight until night, and

then
boy you're
on your own.

peter pan was a least in the same mental sphere as humanity, you've
broken through the event horizon and are acclerating away at
relativistic speeds. If you look back over your shoulder you might

just
be able to spot reality.

Actually, mine was a lyric from Bruce Springsteen's "Blinded by the

Light".

"Madmen, drummers, bummers, and Indians in the summer..."

sorry, I put it badly, I was describing guth rather than yourself, and
it did seem that the instructions to finding neverland were almost too
mundane for him

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Ron Miller 25-11-2002 12:42 PM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
om...

I'm good at errors as well as at replacement errors

No kidding.

What's fascinating about reading your exchanges with other people in this
group is how assiduously avoid ever responding to a specific criticism or
request for clarification. Typically, you respond instead either with
invective or by simply changing the subject entirely.

RM

Ron Miller 25-11-2002 12:46 PM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
om...
I have lots to say;

In further jest, in deed I do, as well as often apply satire and, I'm
not even all that good at it.

True enough.

As for being the village idiot, thereby not an astronomer (Hell, I
don't even know which way is up),

Probably also true.

I always thought that our moon
affected or at least had an influence upon Earth's weather, tides and
even did a number on various tectonic issues. Seems I recall that
aligning especially large gravitational pulls is a definite no-no
unless you actually wanted greater tides and such as Earth's core and
platetonics being manipulated. Seems that of something that's roughly
100 times the mass of our moon and, as such being situated (unlike our
moon) for weeks in nearly one accumulative specific direction of pull,
that was also aligned with the sun, that this would have offered some
influence, especially when all 4 bodies were in alignment.

It's been repeatedly pointed out to you that you are either ignoring or
unaware of the inverse square law. You have (typically) never bothered to
respond to this criticism. Why?

Good thing I was entirely dead wrong about all that gravity stuff

You were surprised?

RM

Ron Miller 25-11-2002 12:51 PM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

I read everything below and was going to reply, but I just don't know where
to begin. It's all like some bizarre stream-of-consciousness thing . . . if
there were actually something conscious producing it.

RM

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
om...
OZ, I have another few questions, like wxactly where is Venus?

Don't bother taking any of this as absolute fact, however, just
because I'm no astronomer and thereby I'm not pretending as being "all
knowing", plus the fact that I do not understand certain fundamental
laws of physics as well as (unlike yourself) I do make mistakes . . .

Regarding gravitational influences:

If that 0.0000051:1 gravitational pull (I've been informed as being a
ratio of what our moon applies) is like anything associated with
impulse power, as that which is calculated with a measured time frame
of perhaps per second, in other words, if that 0.0000051 influence is
being offered per each and every second and, if we have all of 2 weeks
worth as to accumulate upon such; that's 1.2096^6 x 0.0000051 or
6.17:1 and, obviously that's only if those two weeks were
unrealistically compressed down to just one of those seconds.

What?

I'm thinking (which hurts), that because Venus is not anything like
our moon, it's not zipping about but rather focused in one direction

What?

and as such, if that accumulated gravity pull was to be calculated
upon using minutes instead of per second, that's 60 X 0.0000051 or
0.0003:1 or roughly 0.03% and, hourly that's becoming an impressive
0.01836:1 or 1.836% as potentially applied. Even at the 1.8% of per
lunar pull per hour, that's still a fairly great amount of influence,
especially if that's in addition to the moon as well as going along
with everything towards the sun (like November 4th and 5th), where
that's a 24 hour 44% which is certainly quite another impulse value
altogether.

What?

I can't bring myself to repost the rest. Do you just make all of this up out
of whole cloth, just to see how funny you can make it sound?

RM

Oz 25-11-2002 03:01 PM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Ron Miller writes

What's fascinating about reading your exchanges with other people in this
group is how assiduously avoid ever responding to a specific criticism or
request for clarification. Typically, you respond instead either with
invective or by simply changing the subject entirely.

It's called 'trying to conceal ignorance'.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.

Jim Webster 25-11-2002 04:21 PM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Oz wrote in message
Ron Miller writes

What's fascinating about reading your exchanges with other people in

this
group is how assiduously avoid ever responding to a specific

criticism or
request for clarification. Typically, you respond instead either with
invective or by simply changing the subject entirely.

It's called 'trying to conceal ignorance'.

I just wish he would make a better job of it

Oz 25-11-2002 06:27 PM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Jim Webster writes
Oz wrote in message
Ron Miller writes

What's fascinating about reading your exchanges with other people in

this
group is how assiduously avoid ever responding to a specific

criticism or
request for clarification. Typically, you respond instead either with
invective or by simply changing the subject entirely.

It's called 'trying to conceal ignorance'.

I just wish he would make a better job of it

Well of course he would, if he were not so ignorant.

Gordon Couger 26-11-2002 08:28 AM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Jim,

From a discussion on AgBioview:

"When I stayed in England I was amazed at the high cost of food. Meat was
two to three times the price I was used to paying in the Safeway. When
these English people stayed with me in Washington D.C. they couldn't
believe the amount of meat in the local super-market and how cheap it was.
I was afraid they were going to OD on steak before they went home."

As I recall when we worked out the price to feed a beef your selling price
wasn't a great deal different than mine. Where did de money go?

Gordon

Oz 26-11-2002 10:00 AM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Gordon Couger writes

"When I stayed in England I was amazed at the high cost of food. Meat was
two to three times the price I was used to paying in the Safeway. When
these English people stayed with me in Washington D.C. they couldn't
believe the amount of meat in the local super-market and how cheap it was.
I was afraid they were going to OD on steak before they went home."

As I recall when we worked out the price to feed a beef your selling price
wasn't a great deal different than mine. Where did de money go?

We have these extremely efficient corporations that sell food in the UK.
They seem to require about a 100% markup on meat to make what they claim
is a paltry living. They are called 'supermarkets'.

To give the lowest cost to their consumers they ensure that all those
below them in the supply chain trade at cost.

Apparently it's something to do with a 'margin' where you buy at cost
and sell as high as the market will bear. This is (according to their
many adverts) done entirely altruistically on behalf of their well
respected and much loved 'consumers'.

Since nobody ever shops outside their local supermarket they have no
idea of the real price of anything. Apparently this is called a
'captive' market which of course allows lower prices for the
'consumers'. Doesn't it?

Must do, it's what they keep telling us ....

Jim Webster 26-11-2002 11:41 AM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Gordon Couger wrote in message
Jim,

From a discussion on AgBioview:

"When I stayed in England I was amazed at the high cost of food. Meat

was
two to three times the price I was used to paying in the Safeway. When
these English people stayed with me in Washington D.C. they couldn't
believe the amount of meat in the local super-market and how cheap it

was.
I was afraid they were going to OD on steak before they went home."

As I recall when we worked out the price to feed a beef your selling

price
wasn't a great deal different than mine. Where did de money go?

Gordon

supermarkets buy cheap and sell dear. They drive down the costs and jack
up the margins. That is what impressed me about US cutting plants etc,
they can pay more for the meat at the farm gate yet still get it to the
consumer at a lower price.

Must admit our lads who went to South Dakota were not impressed with the
quality of the beef, but would be used to grass fed. One commented that
if he did move, he would stick his own bullock in the freezer after
rearing it his way. I expect American dinner guests at his house would
find it rather strong tasting and probably not tender/juicy enough for
them. Such is personal taste.

Gordon Couger 27-11-2002 08:29 AM

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Gordon Couger wrote in message
Jim,

From a discussion on AgBioview:

[...]

There is no question that that you dance with the one that brung you on
taste. It's like me and fresh green beans. I like the ones out of the can
better because that's what I am used to. My dad's just the opposite. He
likes the home canned or fresh the best.

I don't like grass fats beef at all. Both my wife's dad and my dad an I ran
feed lots and we like a really fat calf. Her dad would take them to 1,200 or
1,300 pounds shooting for high prime. We were aiming for high choice at a
later market when people were getting more health conscious.

I expect that your rules and regulations transfer in to real costs in the
slaughter house. Seems I remember you have wash them and shave their bellies
and a good deal more. Possibly even removing the major nerves such as the
sciatic nerve from the hind quarter.

I am involved with helping people find microscopes around the world and I
find the folks from the UK and EU are not nearly as free and easy dealing as
I am used too.

I will see a very good friend that has been living just outside of London
for the last 30 years day after tomorrow. I has been 15 years or so since I
saw him it is always intersting to get his prospective. He is an independent
reservoir geologist for the North Sea. He company wanted to move his family
to Houston, Texas and send him to Siberia. He retired and went to work for
himself. Siberia is not so bad but living in Houston, no way:) He would have
to pay US taxes.

Jim, that leaves you a healthy room for profit in selling to your neighbors
and still save them a nice sum. I can't do that here. I have to produce a
lot better quality than they can get in the store and sell it for the same
as store price and I can't make that work because I can get the feed
conversion that the big lots do because I don't have their feed processing
machinery. I learned that lesson 35 years ago.

Gordon

Jim Webster 28-11-2002 08:10 AM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Gordon Couger wrote in message
There is no question that that you dance with the one that brung you

on
taste. It's like me and fresh green beans. I like the ones out of the

can
better because that's what I am used to. My dad's just the opposite.

He
likes the home canned or fresh the best.

I don't like grass fats beef at all. Both my wife's dad and my dad an

I ran
feed lots and we like a really fat calf. Her dad would take them to

1,200 or
1,300 pounds shooting for high prime. We were aiming for high choice

at a
later market when people were getting more health conscious.

personal taste is very important in this

I expect that your rules and regulations transfer in to real costs in

the
slaughter house. Seems I remember you have wash them and shave their

bellies
and a good deal more.

try doing that to a bullock or young bull while he is alive. Not
actually shave (as a vet might do before operating) but clip right out
so they are spotless.

Possibly even removing the major nerves such as the
sciatic nerve from the hind quarter.

The spinal cord, head and various offals such as thymus etc have to be
discarded.

I am involved with helping people find microscopes around the world

and I
find the folks from the UK and EU are not nearly as free and easy

dealing as
I am used too.

I can believe that

[...]

problem is very few people in the UK have all that much freezer room.
Remember that generaly their houses are smaller than in the US. It is
easy enough for me to undercut supermarkets but an awful lot of people
are living hand to mouth and find £100 bad to find.
We aren't as bad as some areas but some couples are paying interest on a
mortgage of over 5 times their joint annual incomes. (I have seen the
figure 7 times joint income mentioned!) God alone knows what will happen
when interest rates go up.

Gordon Couger 04-12-2002 09:48 AM

[...]

If that is all they have to do on the kill floor then that isn't where the
money is going.

Your problem is simple put in a big freezer and deliver as they can use it.
If that is against the government rules buy a freezer a sell it to a
cooperative of you customers for one pound a share or some such.
--
Gordon

Gordon Couger
Stillwater, OK
www.couger.com/gcouger

Brad Guth 05-12-2002 09:44 PM

Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

This is great, as so many of the king's men are gathered right here.

Somehow the opportunity to do anything for humanity, other then flying
big ass airplanes into tall buildings, is over your head or in your
pants.

For your entertainment, I've introduced a few new pages:
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/thermoenergy.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/radio-not.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/magic-truth.htm

and lots more updates.