Old 05-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default superior farming when 2 cash crops Renewable Farming (with

Mowing renewable farming where there is *no* herbicide applied and where
the mowing clippings become the fertilizer is superior to petrol-based
farming
in another aspect. In MowingFarming we have 2 cash crops so that if the
corn or soybeans fail for some reason or other such as weather conditions,
then the alfalfa or legume that is growing in between the corn crop will be
the
only cash crop that year and the corn will be sold as feed also.

This farming method is superior to the petrolbased method because we are
not reliant upon just one crop. If the corn is good then we mow heavily but

if the corn is bad than we use the legume growing between the corn as
the main crop.

Surely there must be many farmers who have had corn growing between
alfalfa. And they used herbicides to kill the alfalfa but some farmers
probably
cut the alfalfa between the rows of corn so some farmers have logged on
experience. Perhaps the corn was not as bountiful as the other corn but
none
the less it did deliver a cash crop of corn and the alfalfa also delivered
a cash
crop even though it was not as bountiful as alfalfa grown in fields without

corn.

Now there is another legume that likes shade that is similar to alfalfa.
Alfalfa
has blue flowers and this other legume has yellow flowers and it does
not mind mowing. I have quite a lot of it in my yards as well as clover.
So that in practice of the MowingMethod of Farming if we had a farm field
that was 3 or 4 or 5 feet wide and full of some legumes and we planted
corn in rows either in concreteblock or in a nice row so that we can mow.
Then such a farm should deliver 2 cash crops and have the legume root
system deliver the fertilizer to the corn or soybean crop.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies