Old 05-09-2003, 07:06 AM
Mooshie peas

Default Bt pesticide resistance

On 3 Sep 2003 09:41:16 GMT, Brian Sandle
posted:

In sci.agriculture Mooshie peas wrote:
On 28 Aug 2003 23:29:25 GMT, Brian Sandle
posted:

In sci.agriculture Mooshie peas wrote:
On 28 Aug 2003 14:23:53 GMT, Brian Sandle
posted:
Do you have the database of withdrawn applications and why they were
withdrawn?

A while back I referred to a submission by Jack Heineman against
approval of another organisation's application for GM work in NZ.

The other organisation withdrew the application.

Was Dr Ingham's work, connected with the EPA, the cause of a
dangerous or dubious application being withdrawn?

No idea. You'll have to eyeball your regulator's documentation, I
would think.

That's right, where do they keep the records of withdrawn applications and
what has caused the withdrawal?

I suspect a bash at Google would find some information about this if
it was at all interesting. If you don't find anything, it's likely
that there was nothing newsworthy about it. Everything vaguely
newsworth is published on the Web, IME

I have checked again and
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/bbep/
is still not even giving out data for ordinary applications any
more.

Somehow I think the data about withdrawn applications in USA will be
kept covered. Then we won't be able to verify the claim about the
withdrawal of the GM Klebsiella application following Ingham's
research findings.

I suspect that if there was anything to it, you would find much
conspiracy theory conjecture on the net. Nothing there? Nothing to it,
IMHO.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Brian Sandle

Mooshie peas wrote:
[...]

Why conspiracy?

Wasn't this just Ingham noting that she was part of the team doing the public
research checking on the commercial applications? She was explaining to the
commission about pitfalls. The Life Sciences Network decided to pick on her.
Like you, they were rather batting off the back foot and made a big public
noise about a reference error, rather than dealing with the material itself.