Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 9.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lintama
Forum: Garden Photos 21-03-2020, 12:26 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Lintama
Plant ID please

Just dug up a clump of something and divided it into three. Pale green leaves which are fairly tightly packed together. This one's in a pot 4 inches across the top. Don't think it's a poppy as the...
Forum: Edible Gardening 01-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Lintama
Potato problem

Hi all, Does anybody know what is wrong with my potatoes? We had a lot of rain this summer and they got some black leg too. Those potatoes were dug up recently to prevent spread of it.
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 30-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Lintama
Water lily bud withering

Hi, Last week I had quite a few lovely flowers and yesterday, there was only one flowering. I had new buds coming up but died before opening. Does anybody have any idea what's wrong? We have had...
Forum: United Kingdom 16-06-2019, 09:50 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Lintama
I have never soaked my cobra beans before...

I have never soaked my cobra beans before planting them. I treat them exactly like my runner beans. I sow them in late April or early May in pots of compost and wait for them to grow to about three...
Forum: United Kingdom 16-06-2019, 01:38 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Lintama
Mine are up the poles now. Started them off a few...

Mine are up the poles now. Started them off a few weeks ago in the greenhouse to give them a head start. They tend to be a little slower than runner beans to get started. I would sow them in early...
Forum: Gardening 28-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Lintama
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will just...

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will just have to put up with it or get rid of the hollyhocks. Shame really when it seems nothing can be done to stop the rust.
Forum: Gardening 28-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Lintama
Plant ID please

Got this lovely plant last year but lost the label and can't remember what it's called. It's about two foot wide and flowers go on all summer. Does anybody know what it is please?
Forum: Gardening 01-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Lintama
Hollyhocks - rust

Has anybody got a cure for hollyhock rust please? I grew the plants from seed in the hope that it wouldn't happen but I was wrong. I've been picking off the most affected leaves and putting them in...
Forum: Ponds 01-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Lintama
Soggy lily flower buds

HI all. I have a problem with my water lilies. Got a couple of pretty flower heads but I also had several mushy flower buds that just were floppy in the water. The plants along with soil, rocks and...
Forum: Gardening 19-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Lintama
Bokasha Bin

Thanks for the comments chaps. I think I will give it a miss then. I'll stick to old fashioned composting.
Forum: Gardening 18-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Lintama
Bokasha bin

Has anybody got some advice on Bokasha composting? Just read about it but haven't heard of it. Is it to be recommended for quick compost? I don't want to spend money on some gimmick!!
Forum: Garden Photos 10-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Lintama
ID please on small round seeds?

Found some seeds, well I think they are seeds in one of my flower borders today. I first thought they were coriander seeds but they couldn't be as there were no coriander plants anywhere near the...
Forum: United Kingdom 06-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Lintama
ID please

Photos of some tubers with shoots. Dug these up in my new garden a couple of days ago and don't know what they are. Some shoots are a bit green at the top. The biggest tubers are about an inch...
Forum: United Kingdom 02-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Lintama
Thanks for all comments. I will not be growing...

Thanks for all comments.

I will not be growing bell/sweet peppers again. Tried three years running now and won't bother next year. Will still do the chillies. I find them easy enough.
Forum: United Kingdom 01-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Lintama
Ever get the feeling you should just give up?

Sweet peppers......not at all sweet. I nurtured and did everything right that I can see and my peppers taste.....well just awful. In fact maybe a tiny bit bitter.

My hot chillies are fine but the...
Forum: United Kingdom 19-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Lintama
Thank you for the replies and no I don't remember...

Thank you for the replies and no I don't remember seeing it when in flower but the photos you supplied are exactly like it. Looks as if I will have a very busy time getting rid of it. Not the...
Forum: United Kingdom 18-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Lintama
Climber ID please

Hi all,

Please can somebody tell me what this climber is. Bought a house and discovered this growing up to fantastic heights in trees and bushes. Looks like some sort of clematis judging by the...
Forum: United Kingdom 18-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Lintama
Thanks for all comments. I bought a medium pair...

Thanks for all comments. I bought a medium pair made by Town and Country. They seem OK for now. Soft leather with a cuff.
Forum: United Kingdom 14-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Lintama
Gardening glove problem

Hi,

Just moved into a house with an overgrown garden.

Can somebody please tell me where I can get small gardening gloves (I have very small hands, I think size 6). I need a good tough pair for...
Forum: United Kingdom 13-08-2015, 12:16 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Lintama
I didn't think about the hedge taking the water. ...

I didn't think about the hedge taking the water. I do give the beans water. It could be a bit of both maybe or at least we have narrowed it down to either water or birds or both. Will make sure...
Forum: United Kingdom 11-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Lintama
[/QUOTE] Hi, Don't know your name, I did mist...

[/QUOTE]
Hi, Don't know your name, I did mist them on a few occasions when the flowers developed and we do have a fair amount of flies, bees and other flying beasts around. Had this problem this...
Forum: United Kingdom 11-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Lintama
There is a hedge of rather high Leylandii trees...

There is a hedge of rather high Leylandii trees only about four feet away and I often hear birds chirping from there. Next year I will have to grown them somewhere else. I hadn't thought about...
Forum: United Kingdom 10-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Lintama
Still no runner beans

I am posting this one again as I got no comments the last time but (ah, hah), this time I have photos to show what my problem is. PLEASE can somebody tell me what is going on?

Please see photos and...
Forum: United Kingdom 04-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Lintama
Thank you for advice.

Thank you for advice.
Forum: United Kingdom 29-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Lintama
No runner beans

Some pest is biting off the flowers on my runner bean plants. I have a total of two beans on twelve plants. All are in bloom but no beans are growing. All that is left is little stalks which...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84

Forum Jump