Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 25.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gmb27
Forum: Lawns 06-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By gmb27
New Lawn Drainage Problem!

Hi guys, my very first post here so feel free to wade in with any comments or suggestions..

Basically I purchased a new build in june and paid for the turf to be laid in the back garden. I was told...
Forum: Gardening 27-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By gmb27
Advice on Lemon scented plants

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice on a major garden redesign. I'm trying to create a sensory garden for my toddler and want to have lots I scented plants. As I love lemon I'd like to incorporate...
Forum: Edible Gardening 27-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By gmb27
Never realised you can eat the flowers! Thanks...

Never realised you can eat the flowers! Thanks for the tip.
Forum: United Kingdom 15-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By gmb27
I tend to agree with the first post, unless...

I tend to agree with the first post, unless theyre causing you a problem, leave them be. They eat a lot of bugs which can damage your plants too so its a balancing act.
Forum: Edible Gardening 15-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By gmb27
I would have guessed at spittle bug too. Looks...

I would have guessed at spittle bug too. Looks like frothy spit on the leaves and theres normally quite a bit of it over the plant or bush.
Forum: Edible Gardening 15-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By gmb27
Question Question about my Corriander?

Hi folks, ive been growing corriander in my garden and using it pretty often for cooking. However weve had a lot of sun down here and ive not been using it for a month or so. I went out to take a...
Forum: Edible Gardening 15-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By gmb27
Patio toms are the way forward, as previously...

Patio toms are the way forward, as previously mentioned above, a cherry variety will be high yielding but not take up too much room. Make sure the pots are big enough though to allow the roots to...
Forum: Bonsai 08-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By gmb27
No, but I really like them! Ive always thought of...

No, but I really like them! Ive always thought of having a few bonsais in the garden, maybe now is the time.
Forum: Edible Gardening 08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By gmb27
In my opinion it isnt great advice. You dont want...

In my opinion it isnt great advice. You dont want to stress them out by keeping them potbound, toms can react badly to this. Repot them and water them well afterwards. Also I wouldnt suggest pinching...
Forum: Edible Gardening 08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By gmb27
Courgettes ready to cut?

Hi folks, can anybody tell me at what length I should be cutting off my courgettes? In cm would be good thanks as Ive only tried this for the first time this year. Thanks!
Forum: Edible Gardening 08-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By gmb27
Dont panic about 'leaf roll', it can happen with...

Dont panic about 'leaf roll', it can happen with weather changes, its nothing to worry about too much. As the above poster says, make sure you water from the bottom and dont overdo it. You should...
Forum: Edible Gardening 08-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By gmb27
Perfect advice, just what i was going to write!...

Perfect advice, just what i was going to write! Its really important to pick them regularly as this will keep them producing. If you let them get too big theyll think their job is done and stop.
Forum: Edible Gardening 08-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By gmb27
Pots have always proved to be the most effective...

Pots have always proved to be the most effective for me too. I had a fantastic harvest of chiilies and green perppers last year and it looks like this year should be good too going by the flowers....
Forum: Edible Gardening 08-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By gmb27
The above poster has hit the nail on the head....

The above poster has hit the nail on the head. Outside there would have been a natural balance, bugs like ladybirds eat aphids and so keep them off your plants. How about keeping them outside but...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Forum Jump