Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 23.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Forum: Orchids 27-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Feeding an orchid

Hi, Bob,

This list is indeed all but dead. It was killed by an overzealous Attorney
General.

Many of the former denizens now congregate at another list. For info on how
to sign on, go to...
Forum: Orchids 29-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
new website http://www.koolorchids.co.uk

Hi, Keith,

We are all on a new board. Go to Ray's stie for info:

www.firstrays.com

Diana

Forum: Orchids 07-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Andrew Cuomo

Funny, I just checked this group for the first time in ages, and here you
are.

And you are right. He is not to be forgiven, and I do remember very well.
Good luck to you NYers, including most of...
Forum: Orchids 25-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
HELP flowers dying

Jane,

I don't know where you are, but for most of us in the States, most Phals
have gone by. The exceptions are some summer blooming species, along with a
few that have been forced.

Since you...
Forum: Orchids 27-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
is this an orchid virus?

I am not an expert on seedlings that small, but it sounds like damping off
to me. When you pot them up, do you treat for fungus at all?

Diana

Forum: Orchids 18-02-2010, 04:18 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
so how's everybody doing

Chris, what are you doing in NC, when you could be freezing here in FL?

Diana (Blast Is Us!)

Forum: Orchid Photos 21-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Paph.Honeydew

What a perfect name for this plant. And, I am able to see the photo!

Diana

Forum: Orchid Photos 21-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Cattleya Unknown

You betchum, Red Rider! And thanks to you for putting it in place for us.

Diana

news:[email protected]
Same here -...
Forum: Orchid Photos 19-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Cattleya Unknown

Casper thanks you! I don't see the OPs; just the replies come through.

Diana

Ok, per request, replying to make...
Forum: Orchid Photos 19-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Ping Wendy

Hi, Lady,

You mentioned in the free list group that you had posted some photos here. I
see nothing recent from you. If you can see those posts, would you reply to
them? I'd like to see if I get...
Forum: Orchids 08-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Mick Fournier

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 21:40:21 -0500 in...
Forum: Orchids 06-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Mick Fournier

Um, actually, many of us do indeed have lives that greatly involve orchids,
even though for most it is a hobby. Not to the extent that other things are
put aside, but orchids are a passion for most...
Forum: Orchids 05-01-2010, 02:11 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Mick Fournier

Haven't heard hide nor hair from Mick in a very long time. As far as the
activity here, many (if not most) ISPs discontinued newsgroup access. Ray
Barkalow started a photo group on Freelists. Go to...
Forum: Orchids 30-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Phal Air Roots Question

Let me jump in here. First, I've always called those vagrant roots *aerial*
roots. That's what I've heard them described as over time. Second, the
reason that some of them dry out is that they are...
Forum: Orchids 28-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Miltonia potting.

David,

*Soil* is a misnomer for epiphyte mixes. There are in fact terrestrial
orchids that grow in soil, but the majority of what most of us grow are
epiphytes that won't do well in dirt.

There...
Forum: Orchids 27-11-2009, 02:14 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
lowest night temp?

Hi, Ray,

Intentionally, no. But there have been occasions when we've had a cooler
than normal night, without warning. It hasn't bothered them. If we are
expecting cold weather (and yes, we do get...
Forum: Orchids 26-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
lowest night temp?

Eek! I don't think I would do a Phal in snow, even though I find them to be
quite hardy in fairly low temps. Forty makes spikes, as long as it's not for
any length of time.

Diana (exNY, FL...
Forum: Orchids 14-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
phalaenopsis taisuco kochdian

"K Barrett" wrote in message
I have one of these plants for going on 3 years and it has...
Forum: Orchids 29-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Phalaenopsis Orchids

We're not dead, but many of us have no access to UseNet anymore. We've moved
to other venues. Stick by, and tomorrow I'll give you links.

Meanwhile, what is your question about Phalaenopsis? Those...
Forum: Orchid Photos 19-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
C. Okinawan Rock

It's fine for those on ES. For the most part, I think we're better off with
the list. That way we all get everything. It's different, but change can be
a good thing. Shakes us up a...
Forum: Orchids 15-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
for you hybridizers...

This would explain why orchid seedlings need compots.

Diana

personally, i...
Forum: Orchid Photos 14-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
C. Okinawan Rock

I can see it, posting via Eternal September.

Diana

This is a test per Steve's...
Forum: Orchid Photos 14-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
C. Okinawan Rock

This is a test per Steve's inquiry.

Diana
Forum: Orchid Photos 07-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Diana Kulaga[_5_]
Bc. Calypso test.jpg

Bc. Calypso test.jpgI can't see it either. Just happened by here on a whim. Chuck, come on over to the bright side. Follow Ray's instructions.

Diana
"Ray B" ...
Forum: Orchids 23-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Replies: 6