Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 17.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Savor[_2_]
Forum: Orchids 25-11-2008, 05:27 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Thanks to all who have given my orchids new homes

Happy Thanksgiving to all at r.g.o.!!!
I'm thankful for your help with about half of 'em. The 'chids have
gone to live in new homes in 22 states including Hawaii! Some are
invited to Europe and even...
Forum: Orchids 27-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Thanks to all who have given my orchids new homes

Hello everyone,
It is a bit odd to post my dilemma in a public place but desperate
times require such measures. The greenhouse is still standing. I've
been given a reprieve while the mortgage company...
Forum: Orchids 29-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Question(s) concerning pod parents

Just getting back to the computer and wanted to follow up on a posting
from 3 weeks ago.
Tim,
I am still new to hybridizing. But I've been asking questions for a
couple years having had the...
Forum: Orchids 24-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Cattleya doesn`t smell!

Kate,
A mystery! Actually I hope the subsequent blooms have given up the
scent for your enjoyment. Case solved?
Fragrance is the number one consideration when I'm choosing a Catt or
any orchid. I...
Forum: Orchids 16-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Savor[_2_]
What Causes Low Germination Rates?

Larry,
I'm still a 'student' of hybridizing but a few things come to mind.
This may be elementary info for ya'll.
If you repeat that cross, try soaking the pollinia in *enzymatic*
contact lens...
Forum: Orchids 01-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Savor[_2_]
scale on orchids?!

Hi,
I'll try to be brief... hard for me to do. :~}
If you see a couple of scale 'dots', you can swab some alcohol there.
Maybe rinse with water soon after since it tends to dry out the plant.
Just...
Forum: Orchids 23-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Seed Pod dehisence

K.,
I did not catch what orchid it was. Here's what I do if I miss the
event that I've been waiting on for months. Seed often lingers in the
pod until it dries a bit and is shaken or blown out by the...
Forum: Orchids 23-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Help with clones,cultivars etc ?

On Apr 21, 3:24*pm, "keith kent" wrote:
Thanks Kenni *& Ray.

These names do get complexed !
Regards

Keith

Keith,
Masdevallia coccinea `Sanbar carmen beauty' was...
Forum: Orchids 18-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Hard white spots on leaves

Jane,
The spots may not have been caused by the same reason. In the lower
photo these white spots on top look like they have been there for at
least a while. They will remain on the leaf, no wiping...
Forum: Orchids 19-12-2007, 05:24 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Woolly aphids or mealy bugs on Phal

Kate, you can get a gardener's kind like ?Safer Soap? spray but I just
use dish detergent or liquid hand soap. It works as a surfactant
meaning it clings to the bugs and clogs up their breathing. I...
Forum: Orchids 19-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Woolly aphids or mealy bugs on Phal

Kate,
When it comes to these insects, once I see them, I try to act
immediately because they multiply so quickly. I spray a solution on
the bugs lightly until wet where they are and before moving...
Forum: Orchids 02-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Savor[_2_]
Phal multiple spike question

Dusty,
I would agree with what Kenni wrote. While in Taiwan for the IPA
Symposium we learned that the best and double infloresences spring
from below the fourth pair of leaves. So the orchid needs to...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Forum Jump