Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Trish Brown
Forum: Australia 30-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Trish Brown
The Christmas Kooka

PhoenixWench wrote:

Come visit, by all means! In summer I have 30 hummingbird feeders, and
at twilight when they are betting finished for the day they come to my
place for a nightcap -...
Forum: Gardening 30-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Trish Brown
The Christmas Kooka

Billy wrote:

Your Kookaburra sounds similar to our Pileated Woodpecker (Dryocopus
pileatus), although it sounds as if you have way more birds than I do.

The Kookaburra is a great big kingfisher...
Forum: Australia 30-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Trish Brown
The Christmas Kooka

Forum: Australia 30-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Trish Brown
The Christmas Kooka

PhoenixWench wrote:

I am so jealous ;-)
Granted I have lots of wonderful wildlife here in the Catskills of New
York, but I guess anyone undervalues the commonplace and yours sound so
Forum: Australia 29-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Trish Brown
The Christmas Kooka

Billy wrote:

Instead of ruing your fate, you may want to celebrate your sounds of
nature. The are many places in the U.S. where the only sound is the
background rumbling of traffic, or no...
Forum: Australia 28-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Trish Brown
The Christmas Kooka

David Hare-Scott wrote:

snip

Now, if only someone would move that blasted Koel along. He's driving
me MAD!!!!

You have to cut down all the large trees nearby so they will go and call
Forum: Australia 23-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Trish Brown
The Christmas Kooka

David Hare-Scott wrote:
La Nino is the boy child who comes to visit at Christmas some years
and who takes our rain. Here...
Forum: Australia 22-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Trish Brown
Gardenia

wrote:

Is it possible to move a mature Gardenia radicans? It's flowering at...
Forum: Australia 21-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Trish Brown
Gardenia

wrote:

Is it possible to move a mature Gardenia radicans? It's flowering at the
Forum: Australia 21-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Trish Brown
Gardenia

Is it possible to move a mature Gardenia radicans? It's flowering at the
moment, but I'd like to move it to a different location. Any ideas/help
would be much appreciated.

--
Trish Brown...
Forum: Australia 23-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Trish Brown
Double trouble

David Hare-Scott wrote:
I has one fox a few weeks ago, now I have a pair. Last week on two
successive days they were out and about in daylight in clear view.

They are lovely animals:

Forum: Australia 04-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Trish Brown
Help Pleae - flower identity

DiMa wrote:
Hi all,

This is my first post on here and would appreciate any advice as to what
type of flower this is.
Does anyone know what type of flower this is:

Forum: Gardening 13-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Trish Brown
Pictures of life in summer

David Hare-Scott wrote:
For those who may be interested in some of the things around my place or
just up to their waist in snow and looking for a door into summer.

Forum: Australia 13-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Trish Brown
Pictures of life in summer

Forum: Australia 20-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Trish Brown
It's been damp and mild

SG1 wrote:
"David wrote in...
Forum: Australia 20-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Trish Brown
It's been damp and mild

SG1 wrote:
The garden is running rampant as it is too wet to work, every time it
seems dry...
Forum: Australia 31-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By Trish Brown
Very OT but polite

SG1 wrote:
Just stole this from Felix the Cat in Aus.computers

"Julia finally got something right. Older people don't vote Labor, because
they have seen too many incompetent, mismanaging,...
Forum: Australia 16-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Trish Brown
Help regarding flowering tree

John Savage wrote:
Well, as luck would have it, I happen to have a well-advanced Ginkgo in
a large pot! I was superstitious about planting it...
Forum: Australia 15-10-2010, 05:40 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Trish Brown
Help regarding flowering tree

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Trish Brown wrote:
Loosecanon wrote:

D'ya think I'm being too fussy with my requirements???

My experience with trees (single trunk) is they don't...
Forum: Australia 13-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Replies: 9

Loosecanon wrote:

D'ya think I'm being too fussy with my requirements???

My experience with trees (single trunk) is they don't flower longer than a
month or so. So I think you would be...
Forum: Australia 13-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Trish Brown
Help regarding flowering tree

Loosecanon wrote:
I want to plant a small flowering tree in the north-facing...
Forum: Australia 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Trish Brown
Help regarding flowering tree

I want to plant a small flowering tree in the north-facing corner of my
garden. Drainage is good, although might be boggy in the peak of winter
rains. Ideally, I'd like something that flowers for...
Forum: Australia 20-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Trish Brown
Hopping pests

atec77 wrote:
On 20/09/2010 6:39 PM, Trish Brown wrote:
atec77 wrote:
On 20/09/2010 12:45 PM, terryc wrote:

Irish of...
Forum: Australia 20-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Trish Brown
Hopping pests

atec77 wrote:
On 20/09/2010 12:45 PM, terryc wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:51:55 +1000, atec77 wrote:

Irish of course
almost a metre tall and 60kg

Lol, local kids just love...
Forum: Australia 19-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Trish Brown
Hopping pests

atec77 wrote:
On 19/09/2010 3:10 PM, Trish Brown wrote:
atec77 wrote:
On 19/09/2010 9:16 AM, Trish Brown wrote:
I know I keep harping on about this, but how about a quasi or pseudo
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100

Forum Jump