Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Norminn
Forum: Gardening 18-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Norminn
Japanese beetle traps - do they attract more bugs to your garden?

On 7/13/2015 9:44 PM, passerby wrote:
This year the Japanese beetle situation in my backyard here in SE PA is
simply dire - I have just disposed of the nine's bag, which probably gets
the total...
Forum: Gardening 02-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Norminn
birds on deck, and squirrel

On 5/28/2015 9:32 AM, Gus Overton wrote:
Hello,

Anyone have ideas on how to keep birds off a deck? I had the deck recently stained and repaired and almost every day there are 2-3 bird poop on...
Forum: Gardening 18-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Norminn
California Drought

On 5/18/2015 11:22 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
As of 1 May, the state-wide snowpack water content was only 3% of the
average for that date. As the rain and snow season ends, the 12 most
Forum: Lawns 12-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Norminn
Are roots a danger, how to remove them

clipped

The trees are growing in the stream bed and the base of the trees are 2
to 4 feet below the level of their lawn. That means the roots start out
that deep but rise to the surface...
Forum: Lawns 22-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Norminn
replanting a privet bush

On 3/22/2015 1:42 AM, micky wrote:
I have 5 privet bushes, in a U formation, which originally formed a
hedge, but they've been mistrimmed, especially the one in the middle.
It won't grow big...
Forum: Gardening 29-11-2014, 11:44 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Norminn
What to do with all the leaves?

In the 70s people used to burn them in my hometown, I remember my dad doing it but it was noticed that's not really good idea when the flaming leaves get...
Forum: Gardening 23-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Norminn
Fig tree, Zone 5

On 11/23/2014 11:58 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Well, I am an optimist, so I am trying. My brother-in-law is an expert
gardener and has raised figs for many years....but he digs a...
Forum: Gardening 23-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Norminn
Fig tree, Zone 5

Well, I am an optimist, so I am trying. My brother-in-law is an expert
gardener and has raised figs for many years....but he digs a trench and
buries his tree each year. He gave us a small tree...
Forum: Lawns 17-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Norminn
Attack on cherry tree

On 3/17/2014 8:25 AM, micky wrote:
I hope you'll bear with me, confirm or contradict my assumptions, and
answer any questions you have answers for.

I planted a cherry tree almost a year ago,...
Forum: Gardening 11-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Norminn
Need a better way to prune the tops of a thick oleander bush

On 5/11/2013 12:15 AM, Danny D wrote:
On Fri, 10 May 2013 20:26:13 -0400, Norminn wrote:

Forgot the link: http://okeechobee.ifas.ufl.edu/MG34800.pdf

Nice PDF. Interesting that the name...
Forum: Gardening 11-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Norminn
Need a better way to prune the tops of a thick oleander bush

Forgot the link: http://okeechobee.ifas.ufl.edu/MG34800.pdf

You do know that oleanders are poisonous?
Forum: Gardening 11-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Norminn
Need a better way to prune the tops of a thick oleander bush

On 5/9/2013 3:12 PM, Danny D wrote:
Trimming question ...

I made a mistake buying the Echo HC-150 20-inch hedge trimmer:
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/12891035/img/12891035.jpg

Forum: Ponds (moderated) 16-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Norminn
Spring Ponding

On 4/15/2013 9:47 PM, JB wrote:
On 4/3/2013 11:01 AM, ~ jan wrote:
The PNW has been beautiful the last couple of days. My spring break
started
this week so I've been busy cleaning up the...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 13-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Norminn
Shall we move to social media?

On 3/10/2013 12:53 PM, Gojira wrote:
Its not about the money or the workload.. there are less than 70 posts in the entire last year. About one post every 4 days, if you average that out.

The...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 07-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Norminn
New Koi Owner

On 2/3/2013 1:59 PM, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
A month late, welcome! You seem in a good place. With winter, just let your koi sit and they will do fine.

Thank you.....we had a couple of very warm...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 28-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Norminn
New Koi Owner

I just moved to a new home that included a pond with 6 koi....fairly
large koi (about 8"?). The pond is concrete lined, oval shaped and
about 600 gal. The previous owner "winterized", which...
Forum: Edible Gardening 21-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By Norminn
Possum in the pumpkin patch

wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:39:07 -0500, Texas Bob

:I never would have thought possum would be in California, but, I did
:know Berkley was full...
Forum: Gardening 03-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Replies: 189
Posted By Norminn
John McCain, liar and liberal punk

clipped

It averages out, unless one side or the other obtains an unfair advantage,
such as having dead people vote in Chicago or limiting the power of the
elite such as with McCain-Feingold....
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Forum Jump