Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 9.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sambo
Forum: Bamboo 15-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Sambo
When you split a bamboo it takes energy to...

When you split a bamboo it takes energy to recover. When choosing a bamboo go for roots over stems every time. Large culms look attractive, though if you can't be sure they were made after the...
Forum: Bamboo 08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Sambo
As you seem very passionate about this, I think...

As you seem very passionate about this, I think you ought to try growing some woolleybutt, as its what the pukker digi's are made of and has a much better reasonace and will command a far, far higher...
Forum: Gardening 08-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Sambo
I've got the perfect project for you Tom! Forget...

I've got the perfect project for you Tom! Forget all the long handled stuff. Long reach manual loppers, long reach hedgetrimmers, pole saws and weight bearing overhead backpack cradles have all...
Forum: Gardening 25-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Sambo
Help....Viburnum Leaf Beetle.

This pest has been on the rise the last two years in my area South east UK /south coast. In fact two years ago I don't think I even saw a mulched Viburnum tinus in the area.

The situation is this:...
Forum: United Kingdom 22-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Sambo
To about the same effect as Defra trying their...

To about the same effect as Defra trying their damnest to close down all rhododendron nurseries in the UK because of Oak death, whilst the Dutch just ticket a plant passport to everything that passes...
Forum: United Kingdom 22-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Sambo
Well while you two debate the finer points of...

Well while you two debate the finer points of english vocabularly with your heads up your a**es, I just like to say that if it was in the UK then I would plant another Bay, just because, given my...
Forum: United Kingdom 21-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Replies: 73
Posted By Sambo
Cats are like crocodiles, they are top of the...

Cats are like crocodiles, they are top of the food chain. You don't domestic a crocodile and then release it and worry about how its gonna survive. By your rational those poor girls that that...
Forum: United Kingdom 20-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Replies: 73
Posted By Sambo
Are you joking? Obviously you've never raised a...

Are you joking? Obviously you've never raised a farm cat compared to a pedigree? Its in their genes, they create their own play and don't 'Have' to be taught anything to survive, most of the...
Forum: Orchids 20-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Sambo
For a selective weedkiller for couch grass and...

For a selective weedkiller for couch grass and any other monocotes, Fusilade is good. But now only available 5 litre quantities for farm spraying.
Forum: Orchids 20-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Sambo
Glysophate in too stronger solutions is more...

Glysophate in too stronger solutions is more ineffective as it is less able to translocate. Its not only in Monsanta's 'Roundup' and not an exclusive chemical to Monsanta. Eg. Clinic Ace is an...
Forum: United Kingdom 20-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Sambo
I don't know Steve, we had a cow that ate a...

I don't know Steve, we had a cow that ate a little yew...it died....then a fox ate the cows eyeball....and it also died...I don't know how far down the foodchain it went on for as I wasn't paying...
Forum: Garden Photos 20-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Sambo
Yeah, its a bit of a wild plant so it will never...

Yeah, its a bit of a wild plant so it will never be neat and tidy. You could try giving it a little more shade and less root competition for water from other shrubs (Leaves are a shade red) and it...
Forum: Garden Photos 20-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Sambo
Leycesteria formosa (Pheasant Berry). Does seed...

Leycesteria formosa (Pheasant Berry). Does seed around a bit...tropical looking. I love lilies...Kurt Cobain RIP lol! Who cares what they are associated with, they are just plants.
Forum: Garden Photos 20-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Sambo
Tamarix...tetrandra? Sun well drained soil. You...

Tamarix...tetrandra? Sun well drained soil. You could try hardwood cuttings. If it is the spring flowering form, only cut back in late spring. Needs more sun really!
Forum: Garden Photos 20-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Sambo
Guelder rose (Viburnum opulus). If you cut it...

Guelder rose (Viburnum opulus). If you cut it back less you might notice the flowers more!
Forum: United Kingdom 19-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Sambo
Or buy some horses! They are sure to ruin any...

Or buy some horses! They are sure to ruin any good soil!
Forum: Gardening 19-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Sambo
Trachleospernum jasminoides is a great evergreen...

Trachleospernum jasminoides is a great evergreen for a warm site with some sun and there are a lot of them about in instant sizes fairly cheap shipped over from Tuscany but it will not stand cold...
Forum: United Kingdom 19-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Sambo
Acid soil is a dynamic process of leaching - you...

Acid soil is a dynamic process of leaching - you can't just expect to make it.!

What I do when planting Rhodo's at the edge of their Ph range is make raised beds with loads of compost and bracken...
Forum: United Kingdom 19-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Sambo
Eventually it may work slightly...Or you could...

Eventually it may work slightly...Or you could use Ferrous sulphate monohydrate? Or wait until later in the season and use Ferrous sulphate heptahydrate? either way you'll probably have to raise...
Forum: Gardening 19-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Sambo
Just looked at the property...what a ********!...

Just looked at the property...what a ********! lol! Only joking! lol!

I'd love a small property like that, doing up the Chevelle SS or '66 Mustang on the Sunday...drive a dually F350 to...
Forum: Garden Photos 19-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Sambo
I'd beg to differ Bob! You London types only...

I'd beg to differ Bob! You London types only 'think' you know the meaning of a real winter anyway! lol!

Put it this way, the garden that the Albizia is in, lies in the middle of a remote inland...
Forum: United Kingdom 18-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Replies: 73
Posted By Sambo
Its all true. I had a panther follow me whilst...

Its all true. I had a panther follow me whilst cycling home from a nightshift at the photolab at 4am one winter morning when I was a teen.

Also, I almost got eaten by a Komodo Dragon which must...
Forum: Gardening 18-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Sambo
Like I said...unless you want to put the time,...

Like I said...unless you want to put the time, labour and money into decent soil prep and mulching and then the ongoing maintenance forget snazzy shallow rooting plants like Gazanias and Azaleas and...
Forum: Gardening 18-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Sambo
If its an investment for rental I wouldn't be...

If its an investment for rental I wouldn't be worrying about colour etc. I would concentrate on more of the same and introduce some form, shape, structure, enclosure and possibly screening to the...
Forum: Garden Photos 18-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Sambo
Looks like a Black Locust tree to me (Robinia...

Looks like a Black Locust tree to me (Robinia pseudoacacia). Like a real Acacia its really a 'weed' tree and has nitrogen fixing bacteria on its shallow root system, (Also like a Birch). This...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33

Forum Jump