Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 5.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ESGie
Forum: Lawns 24-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By ESGie
Red face I'm sure we all know that you should never...

I'm sure we all know that you should never scratch a mole.

Why? Because it makes them very cross. (Listen. That would win a Perrier prize in a slow year.)

I have my own procedure for dealing with...
Forum: Lawns 23-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By ESGie
Pity - I have shares in Roundup ;)

Pity - I have shares in Roundup ;)
Forum: Edible Gardening 22-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By ESGie
Exclamation Just remember that compost, as it breaks down,...

Just remember that compost, as it breaks down, absorbs nitrogen out of the soil. So for leafy green plants (vegetables) you may need to add nitrogen in the first year. Urea is fine,as long as you...
Forum: Lawns 22-01-2007, 05:27 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By ESGie
Just run over it a couple of times with the...

Just run over it a couple of times with the mower. Generally speaking, "reel-mowers" are far superior to rotaries, as they give amuch better finish, and the "scissors action" of a reel-mower is much...
Forum: Edible Gardening 22-01-2007, 05:12 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By ESGie
"I don't know Sybil, Try kicking him to see...

"I don't know Sybil, Try kicking him to see if you get any response"
Forum: Lawns 21-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By ESGie
Exclamation GLYPHOSATE! (SP?) Commonly sold under the trade...

GLYPHOSATE! (SP?)
Commonly sold under the trade name "Roundup".
This is applied to the green growth and makes its way down to the roots where it stops them producing food or the plant. If it comes...
Forum: Gardening 21-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By ESGie
I tried a similar thing last year, putting...

I tried a similar thing last year, putting (literally not much more than a square foot) a herb section at the side of my lawn.

Result!

The neighbour's dog, who used to dig holes in my lawn found my...
Forum: Lawns 21-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By ESGie
Exclamation (trying to break through all the...

(trying to break through all the "advice" on how to post . . . . .)

If I understand correctly, you are trying to fit a narrower tire onto your rims, for the purpose of "mud=slugging" in the winter. ...
Forum: Edible Gardening 21-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By ESGie
Thumbs up I'd certainly like some info on that as the...

I'd certainly like some info on that as the supermarket ones where I live are pretty naff. Some really Magic ones would brighten my brekkie at weekends :)
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Forum Jump