Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 13.58 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Newbie
Forum: Gardening 01-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Newbie
Coring v Spike lawn aerators + How effective is Mantis an aerator?

In article , FarmI
[email protected] wrote:

: LOL. I'm beginning to enjoy the absurdity of this lawn obssession.

Absurd discussions are as old as...
Forum: Gardening 01-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Newbie
Coring v Spike lawn aerators + How effective is Mantis an aerator?

In article , Brooklyn1
wrote:

:
: In article...
Forum: Gardening 01-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Newbie
Coring v Spike lawn aerators + How effective is Mantis an aerator?

In article , Brooklyn1
wrote:

:
: In article...
Forum: Gardening 30-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Newbie
Coring v Spike lawn aerators + How effective is Mantis an aerator?

In article , Brooklyn1

: Mantis has a aerating/dethatching attachment that I'd seriously
: consider for a smallish lawn... every gardener needs a...
Forum: Gardening 30-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Newbie
New Garden equipment for your use

In article
,
Frank wrote:

: A small rake when I need to dethatch.

This is the part that has me confused. I...
Forum: Gardening 29-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Newbie
New Garden equipment for your use

In article , Brooklyn1
wrote:

: Newbie wrote:
:
: Not really sure what makes sense in the long run for a 1000 sqft lawn.
: I looked at the soil and it...
Forum: Gardening 29-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Newbie
New Garden equipment for your use

In article , Frank

: I received a Garden Weasel as a gift and found it practically useless
: for the lawn. Gave it...
Forum: Gardening 29-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Newbie
always wet area next to house

In article , Ohioguy
wrote:

: ...

I am no expert but I think your focusing on the wrong thing. Water
pooling next to your house/basement walls...
Forum: Gardening 29-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Newbie
Preparing a lawn for Autumn Winter

: Good on you and your neighbours Newbie. I really can't understand the
: obssession to weed feed and mow grass that doesn't support a single
: cow/horse/goat or even a rabbit or 6.
:
:...
Forum: Gardening 29-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Newbie
New Garden equipment for your use

In article , Brooklyn1

My one reservation about Grass Stitcher is plastic teeth. The only
Amazon review complains of them breaking.

While I...
Forum: Gardening 28-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Newbie
Lawn care help (Chicago)!

In article , Brooklyn1
wrote:
: http://www.amazon.com/Ames-True-Temper-1914000-Adjustable/dp/B00004S1RW

Thanks. Came across another one - more expensive...
Forum: Gardening 28-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Newbie
Lawn care help (Chicago)!

In article , Steven Wayne
wrote:

: Scarify with a spring tine rake, aerate with a garden fork.

Thanks! A little extra...
Forum: Gardening 27-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Newbie
Preparing a lawn for Autumn Winter

Bill who putters wrote:

: In article , Newbie
: wrote:
:
: : A small lawn with cavorting pets...
Forum: Gardening 27-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Newbie
Preparing a lawn for Autumn Winter

Brooklyn1 wrote:
: A small lawn with cavorting pets and children hasn't a chance no
: matter what you do... you'd just be wasting your money, time, and
: effort... in fact the more you do the worse...
Forum: Gardening 27-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Newbie
Preparing a lawn for Autumn Winter

runnerduane wrote:

: Aerification is definitely a good start, but don't stop there. Late
: Fall is the best time of year to apply a Herbicide because the plant
: is storing...
Forum: Gardening 24-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Newbie
Lawn care help (Chicago)!

I know this is about gardens, but seems to be the closest usenet group
where I may find some expertise about lawns. Specifically:

(1) What is the best way to "dethatch" and "aerate" a small...
Forum: Gardening 13-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Newbie
Autumn leaves as mulch?

As a new gardener in soon-to-freeze Midwest, I have noticed the
following irony: We as well as our neighbors are raking bags upon bags
of autumn leaves from the front and back yards and discarding...
Forum: Gardening 30-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Newbie
Any great plant sales in Chicago area?

Not for you apartment dwellers, but for those who are into gardening...

Leaving aside Chalet, Lurvy's, and Pesche's, which I have already
checked (and they do have some good deals), are there any...
Forum: Gardening 16-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Newbie
Best kind of shepherds hook for bird-feeders, plants, etc?

In article
,

: I don't know that an actual shepherd's hook will work, on the ones
: I've seen...
Forum: Gardening 16-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Newbie
Best kind of shepherds hook for bird-feeders, plants, etc?

I am looking for a tall shepherds hook, to be planted into the ground
and with 3-4 hooks to hand bird feeders and/or seasonal plants.

Local shops don't have anything suitable, so it has to be...
Forum: Gardening 21-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Newbie
Need recommendations for a weed-puller

Please recommend a weed-puller for stand up use by a person who has
back problems so can't work in bending posture.

I looked at Amazon and various brands had their fans. We can afford to
pay any...
Forum: Gardening 06-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Newbie
Does your garden faucet have hot as well as cold water?

Geoff Gass wrote:

: Seems like unnecessary added expense. Probably a more expensive
: faucet, and you'd need to run both hot and cold pipes. If you need hot
: (car seems like a...
Forum: Gardening 06-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Newbie
Does your garden faucet have hot as well as cold water?

I went by a faucet shop to see what kind of garden faucets are
available. I was surprised when the salesman showed me a couple with
hot- and cold-water connections.

I thought, who waters their lawn...
Forum: Gardening 06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Replies: 41
Posted By Newbie
Outside pipe/faucet in Chicago's climate

Scott in SoCal wrote:

: I am no great expert on the issue, but the following fact concerns me.
: We all see potholes and damage to various surfaces from thawing and
:...
Forum: Gardening 06-05-2008, 05:55 AM
Replies: 41
Posted By Newbie
Outside pipe/faucet in Chicago's climate

Mark Anderson wrote:

: I have my spigot inside the basement and run a hose outside
: when the weather clears. That's a simple and cheap solution.

That's what we are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40

Forum Jump