Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 13.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nightrider.36
Forum: Lawns 19-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By nightrider.36
Lawn Problems

On Jun 18, 6:08*pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
nightrider.36 said:

[...]

I also applied supplemented with Ironite. I'm doing this to get deep
roots.

BS. All...
Forum: Lawns 19-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By nightrider.36
Neighbor Fence Problem/Question?? LONG!!

Michelle,

Look into putting together a retaining wall out of stacked blocks
(pavestone.com). I just built one last month and although carrying
the blocks around was heavy work, it was super easy to...
Forum: Lawns 18-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By nightrider.36
Neighbor Fence Problem/Question?? LONG!!

yes, the soil will probably rot the fence unless the wood is weather
treated. I have picket fence that connected to only a little bit of
soil and after about four months began to rot.

I have a...
Forum: Lawns 18-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By nightrider.36
Lawn Problems

Thanks for the advice, but I've ruled out lack of water as a problem. I do
water regularly and we've had a very wet spring here. Th lawn didn't get a
chance to dry out. Now fungus is a...
Forum: Lawns 18-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By nightrider.36
Lawn Problems

I'd also advise that fertilizing every 2 weeks is asking for big
trouble. * Excessive nitrogen, lots of water and high temps are a
prescription for fungus and disease. * Golf courses do use a...
Forum: Lawns 18-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By nightrider.36
organic fertilizers

I found these instructions and they seem to make sense.
http://www.ehow.com/how_9123_make-own-fertilizer.html

then I found other "how to make" fertilize websites. The only thing
that I find missing...
Forum: Lawns 18-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By nightrider.36
Weed identity and means of killing needed for newbie to group

On Jun 17, 9:53 am, Twitchell wrote:
Can anyone ID the weed in this link? I've got this stuff all over the yard and
am desperate to get rid of it.

Forum: Lawns 18-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By nightrider.36
Weed gallery for those in CA (or anywhere I suppose)

On Jun 17, 4:53 pm, Twitchell wrote:
It's pretty good, turns out it's from my alma mater UCD....

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/weeds_common.html

twitch

very...
Forum: Lawns 18-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By nightrider.36
Lawn Problems

On Jun 17, 5:15 pm, "HOPKINS, DAVE"
wrote:
Hi,

I moved to a house a few years ago and decided to try my hand at making a
lawn. Got some reading material and...
Forum: Lawns 17-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By nightrider.36
Getting rid of a mole

I thought about something similar but I was afraid that I'd end like
the guy in Germany. SWMBO would have made me disassemble it as well.

On Jun 15, 11:40*am, Shanghai McCoy...
Forum: Lawns 17-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By nightrider.36
what is layered soil?

On Jun 16, 5:25*am, willshak wrote:
on 6/15/2008 1:57 PM nightrider.36 said the following:

On Sat,...
Forum: Lawns 15-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By nightrider.36
Getting rid of a mole

On Jun 14, 10:25*pm, Shanghai McCoy wrote:
Hi all - I haven't tried to...
Forum: Lawns 15-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By nightrider.36
what is layered soil?

On Jun 15, 7:27*am, Duff2 wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:19:52 -0700 (PDT), "nightrider.36"

I got a lawn assessment from TruGreen and their...
Forum: Lawns 14-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By nightrider.36
what is layered soil?

I got a lawn assessment from TruGreen and their report indicated that
I have layered soil--what is it? They did the free inspection while I
was at work. They also identified two invasive weeds. Not...
Forum: Lawns 14-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By nightrider.36
Getting rid of a mole

Hi all - I haven't tried to poison this damned thing, but I have tried
one of the mole guillotines to no avail. A friend at...
Forum: Lawns 27-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By nightrider.36
iron supplements?

I have yellowing grass and I was told that my lawn probably needed
some iron supplementation. But I'm confused--here's what I saw at Home
Depot but I don't know which supplement to...
Forum: Lawns 31-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By nightrider.36
garden pest question?

On Jul 30, 1:37 pm, Mitch [email protected] wrote:
Moles are prolific. I was at a friend's just yesterday. She showed
me the damage a single mole cause before the dog finally got it.

It tunneled...
Forum: Lawns 29-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By nightrider.36
garden pest question?

I'm trying to figure out what type of underground pest I have
destroying my lawn--completely destroying it! All I've been doing
lately is to wake each morning and see the new soil mound.

At first I...
Forum: Lawns 15-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By nightrider.36
I need advice for a troubled lawn.

Hello all,

I installed sod about a month ago for the first time and I'm having
some trouble with it. I don't know what's normal and I don't know what
to expect. Please access this link and let me...
Forum: Lawns 06-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By nightrider.36
I need new lawn help.

Thanks, Dean...

Build Your boxes,,throw dirt in,tamp,throw more,,spread some grass

But how do you get dirt that doesn't have weed seeds all over it?
Should I treat it first? How??

After...
Forum: Lawns 06-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By nightrider.36
I need new lawn help.

Indoor - outdoor carpeting.

I mentioned it to her and it's too expensive. I have to grow grass...
Forum: Lawns 05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By nightrider.36
I need new lawn help.

Hello everyone!

I've never planted a lawn before and I'm getting overwhelmed at the
information at Home Depot's books and online. I have questions that I
need answered before I get started. I don't...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22

Forum Jump