Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Scott Hildenbrand
Forum: Gardening 10-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Shrub ID?

Charlie wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 21:18:00 -0500, Scott Hildenbrand

Given the growth pattern I'd have to agree.. One giveaway is the bark
Forum: Gardening 10-03-2008, 02:18 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Shrub ID?

Val wrote:
I think that's a Crape Myrtle. There are quite a few different kinds and
colors but from what I can see in the pictures it looks like some sort of
Crape Myrtle. Crape is like...
Forum: Gardening 07-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Bat Houses

Val wrote:
Here's a site that has good instructions for building and mounting both a
box house and a 'rocket house' the bats.
http://www.nps.gov/archive/cave/bathouse.htm

I wish I could...
Forum: Gardening 07-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Bat Houses

So which of you around here have bat houses put up?

Which style box are you using and how does it do?

Still trying to hash out what the best box would be for this area and
its orientation.

Forum: Gardening 29-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Anyone Getting Anything Good In?

Charles wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:45:41 -0600, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:57:59 -0600, Scott Hildenbrand
Forum: Gardening 29-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Replies: 22

Charles wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:57:59 -0600, Scott Hildenbrand

Just wondering what you all have on order, or plans to buy when you hit
Forum: Gardening 29-02-2008, 03:57 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Anyone Getting Anything Good In?

Just wondering what you all have on order, or plans to buy when you hit
the ground running after the last frost. ;)

I've got.. Oh gosh.. Alot of stuff ordered and coming in. Just got 4
grape vines...
Forum: Gardening 26-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Upside down tomatos

Val wrote:
Made out of what looks to be 2 or 3 litter pop...

Forum: Gardening 26-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Upside down tomatos

SteveB wrote:
I have seen on TV these upside down tomato containers. They look like, and
probably are simple bags that let you grow tomatos in a hanging position
upside down.

I have...

Forum: Gardening 25-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Let me try this again: Lucky Bamboo; Tropical Plants

Mea505 wrote:
What does it generally indicate when a "Lucky Bamboo" plant turns
yellow on some parts (the top of a stem); it srated developing this
color change when I put it outside, but no in...
Forum: Gardening 23-02-2008, 02:50 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Drip Irrigation, Which is Better?

SteveB wrote:
Ok.. After the feedback on the bed prep I'd decided...
Forum: Gardening 23-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Drip Irrigation, Which is Better?

Ok.. After the feedback on the bed prep I'd decided to cut back greatly
on how much I'm putting down and to just layer in some good peat and
manure before I till it all in after the initial kill...
Forum: Gardening 22-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
New Garden Plot Advice

I've got a new plot which I'm going to work out for a vegetable garden
this spring.

Size: 34' X 50' - 1700 SF

It's currently lawn sod which I will be killing off by mowing it to
ground level and...
Forum: Gardening 22-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Horseradish in Containers?

zxcvbob wrote:

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
On Feb 22, 10:55�am, Scott Hildenbrand
"Scott...
Forum: Gardening 22-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Replies: 9

Sheldon wrote:
On Feb 22, 10:55�am, Scott Hildenbrand
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in...
Forum: Gardening 22-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Replies: 9

David Hare-Scott wrote:
I love horseradish.. Just love it.. Not that...
Forum: Gardening 22-02-2008, 03:42 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Horseradish in Containers?

I love horseradish.. Just love it.. Not that crap sauce that's mixed
with mayo.. The good stuff that's blended up into a spicy paste.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyway.. Since it seems invasive I was wondering...
Forum: Gardening 22-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Recommendations on online merchant for blueberry bushes and grapevines?

Billy wrote:
In article ,

In article ,
Forum: Gardening 21-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Enjoying The Eclipse?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Ok, who's spending time outside marveling...
Forum: Gardening 21-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Enjoying The Eclipse?

SteveB wrote:
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in...
Forum: Gardening 21-02-2008, 03:07 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Enjoying The Eclipse?

Ok, who's spending time outside marveling at the wonders of the total
lunar eclipse?

I was till full, with my 2yo son but them came back in.. Was too cold.

Still fun though.. He spent the 15...
Forum: Gardening 21-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Recommendations on online merchant for blueberry bushes and grapevines?

Billy wrote:
In article
,

On Feb 19, 12:01 pm, Scott Hildenbrand
Forum: Gardening 20-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Scott Hildenbrand
Recommendations on online merchant for blueberry bushes and grapevines?

enigma wrote:
[posted and mailed]

wrote in

oups.com:

I really cant help you with this problem....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100

Forum Jump