Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 7.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve[_23_]
Forum: Lawns 17-09-2009, 04:38 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Liquid aeration

"Jack" wrote in message
Anybody have any direct experience with liquid aeration products like
Turf2Max, Nitron, Aerify, etc etc. ...
Forum: Lawns 22-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Pre-emergence herbicide

I'm fighting a bad poa annua problem. The best advice I've found is
Forum: Lawns 26-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Steve[_23_]
killing clover in grass

chriz1 wrote:
its just spoiling the look of the lawn is there any ingridient i should
look for on the bottle?

Yes! 245-t ester of silvex.. err that was...
Forum: Lawns 20-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Any way to deal with a salted yard?

John Corliss wrote:
But remember, the main topic of this message isn't the trouble with the
kids, but rather how can I repair the damage they did to my lawn by
salting...
Forum: Lawns 17-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Spectracide has problems after all!

mm wrote:
Do you think it's
possible I killled the whole tree????

Short answer, no. I'm in a forest out here and I can not kill a real tree
with glyo. YMMV.
Forum: Lawns 13-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Jug of weed and feed has solidified rock-hard on the bottom - is it still good?

Lawn Guy wrote:
I've got 3 or 4 of those 1-gallon jugs of weed and feed (the kind
hose-end sprayer kind of jug) that I bought last fall. I notice that a
white crystalline...
Forum: Lawns 06-06-2009, 02:27 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Do bags of fertilizer get old?

z wrote:
if it did break down, it would probably give off ammonia, and you'd
definitely notice it.

Good point, it smells like cat ****.

Forum: Lawns 30-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Leveling a wavy lawn

John Mayson wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2009, Steve wrote:

Good memory, John. :)

I remember the strangest things. Actually I remember few things from
that era, but the fill...
Forum: Lawns 30-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Leveling a wavy lawn

John Mayson wrote:
When I was a small child we lived in the New Orleans area. I remember an
annual ritual of having fill dirt delivered and my dad spreading on the
low spots...
Forum: Lawns 21-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Is this guy for real?

Luke wrote:

No.

Wanna buy a bridge in NY?
Forum: Lawns 08-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Steve[_23_]
What fertilizer for new grass planting?

In article ,
Steve...
Forum: Lawns 08-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Wearing goggles while mowing?

"Steven Wayne" wrote in message
Before I started lawn cutting full time I didn't wear protection either

Wear it for bush care too. :P
Forum: Lawns 25-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve[_23_]
ROUND UP as last resort?

"MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have a bed of bamboo that is getting out of control (4'x4') and is
encroaching on the neighbor's fence. Attempts to dig it up has failed,
very...
Forum: Lawns 14-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_23_]
White grass

wrote:
Steve said:

wrote:
Jennabutala said:

Sorry buddy i don't have any idea about it

Forum: Lawns 11-03-2009, 06:11 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Information needed about String Trimmers!!!!!!!!!

Frog Britches wrote:
I'm not trimming any of my traditional strings!

Or my heart stings!
Forum: Lawns 11-03-2009, 02:05 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_23_]
White grass

wrote:
Jennabutala said:

Sorry buddy i don't have any idea about it

Then, why waste the bandwith?

Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum...
Forum: Lawns 11-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_23_]
White grass

" wrote:
Snow????

Mold?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Forum: Lawns 11-03-2009, 01:50 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Moles!

"Al Schmidt" wrote:
My yard is 2 acres and I have a mole problem. As the ground is just
beginning to thaw, I'm getting ready to do battle. I'm thinking all out,
traps, bait,...
Forum: Lawns 14-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Triming this tree

wrote:
Gotchya. I lived there, for a short time. It's a LOT like St. Louis,
where I'm from. =)

Dang them eggs have been around! :P
Forum: Lawns 09-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Replies: 46
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Which is better for the lawn over the winter?

wrote:
willshak said:

I would never waste beer on the lawn. If I drink the beer, I don't care
what the lawn looks like! :-)

Sheer profundity! ...
Forum: Lawns 09-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Replies: 46
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Which is better for the lawn over the winter?

Lawn Guy wrote:
I'm talking about urban properties - not rural.

Try alt.home.lawn.garden.urban next time, "lawn guy" --lol

Otherwise get lost.
Forum: Lawns 05-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Help needed for winter turfing

wrote:
On Nov 4, 5:15=A0am, EC White
wrote:
I am having my garden re-landscaped and re-turfed in December.

Yes I know it's...
Forum: Lawns 31-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Which is better for the lawn over the winter?

willshak wrote:
If no scientific study available, which is better in your experience or
opinion?
Raking all the leaves off the lawn before winter, or leaving the...
Forum: Lawns 25-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Dandelions

"Randy Seys" wrote:
Hi,

I live in Southern Minnesota, and we've already had two or three light
frosts. Is it too late to spray for dandelions? I'd really like...
Forum: Lawns 25-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve[_23_]
Dandelions