Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 7.66 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robby1
Forum: Lawns 21-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Robby1
Hi there PTFE will work but you need to use PTFE...

Hi there PTFE will work but you need to use PTFE for petrolium based fuels. You will be able to get this from most plunb centres
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 13-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Robby1
Many thank I will keep an eye out, cheers

Many thank I will keep an eye out, cheers
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 09-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Robby1
It all depends. If the water is hard then the...

It all depends. If the water is hard then the copper will become coated in line which acts as a barrier. Soft water may absorb the minerals and yes may harm your fish. To be fair get rid and stop...
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 09-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Robby1
Change the lights. Light have come along way...

Change the lights. Light have come along way since your purchase. Its obvious
Forum: Ponds (moderated) 09-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Robby1
fish experts

I have three shubunkins and I am worried. The two continuously chase the other. They seem to target the others' gills. Is this normal and if not is there anything that can be done. HELP
Forum: Lawns 30-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Robby1
I have worked on a few mowers in my time and what...

I have worked on a few mowers in my time and what you describe is a carb problem. It may be the float sticking. I don't know much about the mower you describe but if you want a good mower buy and old...
Forum: Lawns 16-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Robby1
If you want to make a good job of it you can't...

If you want to make a good job of it you can't take short cuts. I f you bed with sharp sand then there is every chance weeds will fill the voids. Ideally you need to dig down 200mm (8") Lay 100mm...
Forum: Lawns 14-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Robby1
Yes and quick. I had a similar weed last year I...

Yes and quick. I had a similar weed last year I used "westlands complete". Dont worry when you use it as the weeds will grow rigorously this all part of the process. Warning - DO NOT over dose the...
Forum: Lawns 13-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Robby1
The dry weather will have a negative affect but...

The dry weather will have a negative affect but don't worry to much. Is the soils underneath hard? If it is the turf can only rely on what it can hold and in the unseasonal weather won't hold much...
Forum: Lawns 12-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Robby1
Suffolk pony

I have just taken reciept of a suffolk mower but can not ascertain which one. I think its a pony. Does anyone have an image of the pony?
Forum: Lawns 08-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Robby1
cylinder for atco

Hi all
I am desperately in need of a new/used cylinder for a 20" ATCO dated 1946. Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction? Also i am in need of a crank assembly for a 1980 aluminium...
Forum: Lawns 28-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Robby1
You really need a sprinkler. Water over night and...

You really need a sprinkler. Water over night and turn of in the morning. The lawn may need aerating if it has got to dry. Dry, hard soil will resist watering as it compacts as it dries.
Forum: United Kingdom 16-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Robby1
If the filter was bunged up it would run rich,...

If the filter was bunged up it would run rich, not weak as the air passing through would be restricted. You need to adjust the main mixture by screwing the screw adjacent to the float until you get...
Forum: Ponds (alternative) 16-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Robby1
I will try this. Thnakyou

I will try this. Thnakyou
Forum: Ponds (alternative) 14-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Robby1
Green water

I have a small pond, not big enough for filter and UV. I have tried a few watwer treatments, but because of the waterfall (not with filter) and a small fountain (with filter) the water gets moved...
Forum: Lawns 11-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Robby1
Thanks for answering my call. I don't think there...

Thanks for answering my call. I don't think there is a diaphram. It is an old four stroke, before they zenith carbs had diaphram fitted. I changed the lower section (float, Main mixture section) but...
Forum: Lawns 10-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Robby1
Mower problem

Suffolk punch. Running erratically at higher speed and stalls when idling. I have change the points and the gap is what is displayed on the plastic cover. Cleaned the needles, float chamber. I am...
Forum: Marketplace 09-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Robby1
Carb problems

I have a Suffolk punch. it won't tick over and runs erratically. I had it ticking nicely a few days ago, but the next day no. I have changed the points and have a good spark. So it must be the carb....
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Forum Jump