Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 27.87 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Varigos
Forum: Orchids 09-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By John Varigos
AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

Diana

I use bignews.usenetmonster.com

John

Okay, if this is real (and I...
Forum: Orchid Photos 24-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By John Varigos
Bulbo.facetum

Really nice Tennis. I must get a plant of this species

~John

Having trouble sending ot this nwsgrp...

Forum: Orchids 13-02-2009, 02:17 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By John Varigos
No one from Victoria?

Thanks for your thoughts Ted. Our politicians have been talking about a
North-South water pipeline to bring water from the monsoonal north to the
drought stricken south for more than 100 years. ...
Forum: Orchids 12-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By John Varigos
No one from Victoria?

Hi Diana

No need to worry about Kye. He lives in Queensland and is probably closer
to the floods in Northern Australia than he is to the bush fires in
Victoria. Such is the nature of Australia...
Forum: Orchids 12-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By John Varigos
Stupid Flickr question

Kathy

I have a yahoo e-mail address which is linked to Flickr so I also get a
yahoo e-mail whenever anyone comments on my photos. The e-mail subject line
reads "Recent activity on your...
Forum: Orchids 11-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By John Varigos
No one from Victoria?

Really sorry to hear about Jenny, Andrew. She will be missed.

On Feb...
Forum: Orchids 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By John Varigos
No one from Victoria?

Hi Andrew
I didn't get Helene's e-mail but I was told last night at OSSV that Eddie
and Ferndale had escaped. Hadn't heard about Helen and Barry. Pleased to
hear they only had relatively minor...
Forum: Orchids 09-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By John Varigos
No one from Victoria?

Hi all

I posted this yesterday on OGD in response to Kathy's posting there.

"Thanks for your thoughts. I don't know of anyone from the orchid community
here who has been affected but I'll know...
Forum: Orchids 25-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By John Varigos
Searach engine?

Nice tips
~John

When I have used the word "Price" and didn't find much, I have taken away
price and added...
Forum: Orchids 21-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By John Varigos
o.pictures down?

Tennis, I am having same problem. No Connection

Forum: Orchids 18-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By John Varigos
Searach engine?

I search using Clusty http://clusty.com/ , a cluster search engine plus
visit the sites used by Wendy.

Try typing Paphinia into Clusty and you'll see a different type of search...
Forum: Orchids 28-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By John Varigos
Orchid search engine

Pax

As everyone has said, it would be a massive project as there are somewhere
between 25- 30000+ species.

But there is a use for a searchable database based on floral
characteristics. When I...
Forum: Orchid Photos 24-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By John Varigos
from a NY, U.S.A. terrarium at winter solstice 2008

Congratulations Somnial. Nicely resurrected.

As Tom said, there are still some of us here but the group is no where near
as active as it used to be. I guess that's what happens when bureaucracy...
Forum: Orchid Photos 20-12-2008, 04:02 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By John Varigos
Holiday Greeting - Xmas 08 (Small).JPG [01/01]

Merry Christmas to you too Chris.

~John

To all a Happy Holiday and a Healthy,...
Forum: Orchid Photos 16-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By John Varigos
First AOS award!!

Congratulations Tennis. I am not into judging but can understand the
pleasure an award brings recipients.
~John

Forum: Orchid Photos 28-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By John Varigos
5 levels of greenhouse

Great to see how ingenious we orchid folks are in utilising space to squeeze
in a few more orchids. Ones GH is never big enough. Thanks for sharing,
Tennis.

~John

"tenman" ...
Forum: Orchid Photos 12-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By John Varigos
Successes - tags.JPG [01/01]

Chris

I recycle my labels but my "Dead Orchid" list would compete with your label
count!!

At least I now know what I can't grow but that doesn't stop me from trying.
I always think I can do...
Forum: Orchids 12-09-2008, 01:37 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By John Varigos
Ooops

The photos are there Chris!!

"Chris Savas" wrote in message
Sorry,

I should know better. I meant to post...
Forum: Orchid Photos 12-09-2008, 01:37 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By John Varigos
Endurance - Brassavola Nodosa 3 (Small).JPG [01/01]

That is some plant - magnificent flowering.

I have several plants from when I started growing orchids in 1977;
Dendrobium loddigesii; Dendrobium speciosum and Brassia brachiata - all
still growing...
Forum: Orchid Photos 10-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By John Varigos
Test

What snow Ray? That's the colour of the beach sand here!! The UV light is
so extreme we have to cover up our kids when we take them to the beach to
avoid long term skin problems such as...
Forum: Orchid Photos 09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By John Varigos
Lc. Mari's Song

Hi Wendy

May not be posting but sure am looking.

John

Glad you like!
Forum: Orchids 06-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By John Varigos
Cirrhopetalum = Bulbophylum?

IPNI = International Plant Name Index - Free on the Internet at
http://www.ipni.org/

¬John

news:[email protected]
The more well...
Forum: Orchid Photos 10-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By John Varigos
Rollcall

I'm still here Kye. My Usenet provider has had some technical problems
during the last week so have had to resort to Bigpond - Ugh!!
Cheers
~John

"BIO-Dex Consulting" ...
Forum: Orchid Photos 25-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By John Varigos
Den cuthbertsonii x2

Nice one Kathy

I have been off the air for the last week - my usenet provider crashed last
Friday and it took them a week to get up and running again but OK now.

~John

"K Barrett"...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100

Forum Jump