Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 19.75 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Forum: United Kingdom 16-01-2021, 04:18 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Moss on Tarmac

What is the best treatment to remove moss from a fairly old rough tarmac
surface please?

Ta
Forum: United Kingdom 04-11-2020, 05:03 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Leaf - but which tree

Thank you for the responses. All I need now is to find which garden in
the are has the Smoke tree/bush!
Forum: United Kingdom 02-11-2020, 03:51 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Leaf - but which tree

Came across this leaf in the garden over the weekend. No idea which tree
it is from, can anyone identify please. Leaf is about 6cms long and 4.5
wide. When I found it, it was wet and the colours...
Forum: United Kingdom 11-09-2020, 10:55 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Hyacinths

Whilst buying some prepared hyacinths in the garden center, I noticed
they had a guide to planting etc. When I looked at it, it stressed that
the pot you plant in MUST have drain holes!

I've...
Forum: United Kingdom 10-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Tomato Problem

On 02/09/2020 22:15, Jeff Layman wrote:
I have 3 tomatoes growing in pots outdoors. I have noticed that one
tomato on each plant instead of starting to...
Forum: United Kingdom 02-09-2020, 09:51 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Tomato Problem

I have 3 tomatoes growing in pots outdoors. I have noticed that one
tomato on each plant instead of starting to ripen has started to turn a
light brown colour. I have also noticed that some of the...
Forum: United Kingdom 21-08-2020, 10:11 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Composting Grass Cuttings

Since I downsized garden, I only have 1 Dalek that I use for garden
waste etc. Grass cuttings have been excluded because of volume and go to
the council recycling tip.

I have just been given a...
Forum: United Kingdom 12-07-2020, 06:49 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Lack of male courgette flowers

On 08/07/2020 09:23, David Rance wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 11:43:01 David wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10FMkBFq_V0

Very long winded but the message is to harvest your male...
Forum: United Kingdom 03-07-2020, 12:25 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Courgette fruit staying small - long but slim

I have a similar situation with my green ones. They are about 6 inches
long with the flower closed but still attached - one of them the flower
is now turning brown and shriveling. Grown in pots...
Forum: United Kingdom 03-06-2020, 09:16 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Azelea Problem

2 azelea's both white flowered, have this year produced a mass of flower
which have then turned brown before opening. A red azelea and a camelia
in the same area are fine. Could this just be caused...
Forum: United Kingdom 01-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Red Curants

Seem to have a large crop that had started to ripen, although a little
small. Then I noticed that a few at the back of the plant (out of the
sun ) had gone pale brown! Examination showed that they...
Forum: United Kingdom 25-05-2020, 11:09 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Used compost

On 25/05/2020 09:48, Martin Brown wrote:
Wife planted a number of large tubs of spring bulb which have now
finished and the tibs are wanted for the...
Forum: United Kingdom 24-05-2020, 05:51 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Used compost

Wife planted a number of large tubs of spring bulb which have now
finished and the tibs are wanted for the bedding plants.

Clearing out the old soil I wondered what I could do with it. In our old...
Forum: United Kingdom 14-05-2020, 10:37 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Seed and cutting compost?

On 13/05/2020 15:34, David wrote:
I tend to use Multi-Purpose for everything, but my first lot of sowings of
small seeds look to be struggling a bit with the large particle size.

Do all seed...
Forum: United Kingdom 13-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
courgettes

On 12/05/2020 12:58, Martin Brown wrote:
I was given some courgette seeds, which have germinated well. I now
realise that my small veg space is fully...
Forum: United Kingdom 12-05-2020, 12:38 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
courgettes

I was given some courgette seeds, which have germinated well. I now
realise that my small veg space is fully committed, so I intend to grow
them in pots on the pation. BUT what size pot do I need...
Forum: United Kingdom 18-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
If the country goes into lockdown....

Mail Order seeds, and start from basics as everyone did in the past :)

As far as I can see just when you have no excuse to avoid the gardening,
you won't be...
Forum: United Kingdom 14-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Tea Bags Beware!

Swmbo likes strange teas and so Xmas 2018 when I bought her something I
also bought some DIY tea bags, that you could fill and seal, rather than
mess with a tea pot and tea strainer. Fine, I got a...
Forum: United Kingdom 10-03-2020, 12:02 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
What veg to grow

I've gained an extra piece of garden for some vegetables. Trouble is, it
is only about 9ft wide and is surrounded on 2 sides by 5/6ft fences and
on another side by a garage. The only open aspect...
Forum: United Kingdom 03-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Pomona Fruits

I have received a catalogue (out of the blue) from this company. I quite
like some of the fruit trees they are offering, but having never heard
of them before am wondering if anyone has had...
Forum: United Kingdom 30-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Mini Orchid

On my way out of th3e garden centre yesterday I glanced at the orchid
stand and noticed some very tiny Phal orchids, in about a 15mm pot, with
a couple of 50mm leaves and a flower standing about...
Forum: United Kingdom 17-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Dalek Composting

I have had a dalek for about 18 months, quite happily putting composting
material in it and watching the contents compress down.
A few weeks ago I decided to open up the bottom door and remove the...
Forum: United Kingdom 02-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Pwllgloyw[_2_]
Strawberries

Strange year, still picking my autumn fruiting raspberries and I've got
quite a good crop of strawberies on the plants. Sadly I doubt if they
will ripen, some are just getting pale ready to ripen....
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23

Forum Jump