Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 15.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Walsh
Forum: Orchids 08-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Walsh
RE Rhynchostylis gigantea question

On 3/28 I posted a question about my Rhynchostylis gigantea that was losing
leaves. K Barrett suggested I cut it down to good growth and said it should
grow a new basal keikei. I did and it did....
Forum: Orchid Photos 22-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Walsh
Has anyone seen my pics?

Wendy,

No.

Bob
"Wendy7" wrote in message ...
Yesterday I posted 3 different times & nothing has shown up?
The subject lines we-

Forum: Orchid Photos 15-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Walsh
P1040119.JPG Amorphothallus (Voodoo lily)

Maybe this time.

Bob
Oh, I've heard about this one! Can't wait to see the...
Forum: Orchid Photos 15-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Walsh
P1040119.JPG Amorphothallus (Voodoo lily)

I'll find a way to get the picture.

Bob
I know it's not an orchid but this is the first...
Forum: Orchid Photos 15-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Walsh
P1040119.JPG Amorphothallus (Voodoo lily)

I know it's not an orchid but this is the first bloom in the maybe 10 years
I've had it.

It smells as bad as it is beautiful. Bulbos have nothing on this one when it
comes too stench.

The flower...
Forum: Orchids 29-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Walsh
Rhynchostylis question

Great ideas. I will start cutting/scrubbing this morning.
Thanks,

Bob
I have only managed...
Forum: Orchids 28-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Walsh
Rhynchostylis question

I have a Rhynchostylis gigantea that has lost it's growing point and is now
dropping leaves. Does anyone know how, or have some ideas, to get it to
start a branch or new growth on the stem?

Bob
Forum: Orchid Photos 01-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob Walsh
Sixty Five Today!! A follow up after Diana - Off Topic.

Happy Birthday Wendy!

Cute picture.

Bob

I can no longer sing "Will you still please me, will you still...
Forum: Orchid Photos 29-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Walsh
Blc Liese Pigors x Lc Drumbeat 'Triumph' AM/AOS

Thanks Diana and Tom. It has a great fragrance also.

Bob

"

Forum: Orchid Photos 28-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Walsh
Blc Liese Pigors x Lc Drumbeat 'Triumph' AM/AOS

Waiting for us when we returned from a week in a warmer climate.

Bob
Forum: Orchids 24-02-2008, 04:52 AM
Replies: 2
BTI
Posted By Bob Walsh
BTI

Pat,

I tried the little circles for mosquito control. I used a piece in the water
I use for watering. I think it needs to be in the water a day or so to
multiply before you use it. I think they...
Forum: Orchids 07-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Walsh
Orchid problem

Tobacco and Orchids make a bad combination. Tobacco is a source of mosaic
virus which readily infects orchids.

You don't even want smokers in your growing areas.

Bob
"Marios Giannakoulias"...
Forum: Orchids 20-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Walsh
Spam was christmas soon...

Clicking on one of these links leads to something you don't want on your
computer.

Bob
Forum: Orchids 09-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Walsh
I think I'm losing one - advice please

What Steve and Ray said and you might also post a picture to
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids or somewhere else and post a link to its
location.

bob
Forum: Orchid Photos 09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Walsh
Cycnodes Taiwan Gold

Thanks Diana. They do have good substance. Hopefully they will last as long
as Wine Delight (3 to 4 weeks).

Forum: Orchid Photos 08-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Walsh
Cycnodes Taiwan Gold

I bought this Cycnodes Taiwan Gold from Rob Halgren (Little Frog Farm) this
past spring. It has four spikes with a total of 40 very nice fragrant
flowers. Flowers are about 2.5" X 2.5".

Bob
Forum: Orchid Photos 04-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Walsh
Where are my posts????

Nothing here between 10/28/07 and 11/02/07.

bob

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 12:54:23 -0700,...
Forum: Orchid Photos 22-10-2007, 03:50 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Walsh
Closeup nasties

Wendy,

So maybe not root mealy bugs. You're probably lucky.
Your last two posts showed up 2 1/2 hours after after the first post.

Bob

Forum: Orchid Photos 22-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob Walsh
Nasty stuff

Wendy,

Hawaiian root mealy bugs?

Root Mealybugs

Arnold H. Hara,
CTAHR Dept. of Entomology, Hilo

Root mealybugs occur only on roots of their host plants. Because they are
Forum: Orchids 15-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Walsh
overwatered phalenopsis: what to do?

The yellow leaf will come off in a few days, I would not cut it. Follow
Kathy's advice. My concern was that if it was the top leaf (#1) you can
rarely bring them back, and then only through a basal...
Forum: Orchids 15-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Walsh
overwatered phalenopsis: what to do?

Starting with the very top leaf as number one which leaf is turning yellow?

Bob

Shulamit...
Forum: Orchids 13-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Walsh
No match for Dracula...

I keep waiting for someone who grows Draculas to answer as I don't and a
little knowledge can be dangerous.

I do recall that Dracula in general need very pure water, high humidity, and
cool...
Forum: Orchids 13-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob Walsh
There's a fungus among us

Kye,

Venger/ Ray? I don't recall Ray being in a flame war. However Venger/Mick
certainly comes to mind.

Bob
Forum: Orchids 07-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Walsh
Cymbidiums with ants

Mix a very small amount of Borax (20 mule team) with some powdered sugar and
put where the ants will find it (not in your plants). The ants will find it
and carry it back to the nest. In a few days...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 60

Forum Jump