Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 1.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Agave[_1_]
Forum: Ponds (alternative) 03-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Agave[_1_]
Bullfrogs

Dude wrote:
From personal experience...

At a prior home, we built a backyard pond (about 10k gals); the
Bullfrogs showed up all by themselves. Kind of interesting since the
only...
Forum: Ponds (alternative) 30-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Agave[_1_]
Bullfrogs

Jeanne wrote:
I imported a dozen big bullfrog tadpoles from a company. They all looked
fine -- second year tadpoles. Some had hind legs starting. #12 died. As
an experiment, I let #11 out...
Forum: Gardening 10-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Agave[_1_]
best time to plant grass?

wrote:
From seed? What kind? Laying sod? Fill in bare patches only?

I'm planting from seed. I started a small patch, with some
seed/fertilizer mixture,...
Forum: Gardening 10-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Agave[_1_]
Grass for shady areas

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:
Freckles wrote:
I live in North Central Texas and I want to find a grass that will
grow under several oak trees. I have tried several types, but what
I've tried...
Forum: Gardening 07-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Agave[_1_]
best time to plant grass?

wrote:
I hope this is in the right group....I'm wondering when the best time
would be to plant grass here in the Pacific Northwest.

Some would argue Spring, others...
Forum: Gardening 04-08-2006, 06:17 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Agave[_1_]
Regulations on Conifer height ..Can anyone advise please ?

Simmo wrote:
Hi all,

I,m seeking advice concerning the height of my conifers, A guy has just
moved into a house at the end of my garden and has asked me if I will
crop my trees to a more...
Forum: Gardening 03-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Agave[_1_]
Ferns w/ Pachysandra?

Agave wrote:
Under a mature crab apple tree (w/ deep shade) I've begun planting
Pachysandra. If I intersperse ferns among the Pachysandra, will the
ferns survive (regrow each Spring) once...
Forum: Gardening 02-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Agave[_1_]
Ferns w/ Pachysandra?

Under a mature crab apple tree (w/ deep shade) I've begun planting
Pachysandra. If I intersperse ferns among the Pachysandra, will the
ferns survive (regrow each Spring) once the Pachysandra has...
Forum: Gardening 26-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Agave[_1_]
Poison Ivy

Steve wrote:
....................One of the things I discovered was that although
poison ivy normally has 3 leaves (or leaflets) it can...
Forum: Gardening 25-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Agave[_1_]
Poison Ivy

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:06:29 GMT, fran
wrote:

snipped
Call me skeptical, I'd want to see it myself to be sure :)

A few years back I...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Forum Jump