Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 7.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Willshak
Forum: Lawns 08-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Willshak
Tru-Cut mower rehabilitation

User Bp wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to rehabilitate a 25" Tru-Cut commercial mower and would
appreciate advice on one obscure and one not-so-obscure issue.

The obscure issue is tires: The...
Forum: Lawns 24-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Willshak
Advice On Servicing Jonsered LR10

RussellS wrote:
Hi everyone, this is my first post on these forums and hopefully I will
find lots of helpful advice here and maybe later on even be able to
offer some myself.

Anyway, I...
Forum: Lawns 13-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Willshak
How to get rid of large amounts of couch grass?

jayuk20 wrote:
My lawn which is approx. 60x40 is made up out of probably 70-80% couch
grass, I think now that the previous tenant must have sowed it!

I thought about using weedkiller but...
Forum: Lawns 04-08-2013, 04:36 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Willshak
First Ride-on (AL-KO) - Will I be able to get parts?

YP1 wrote:
Well I've just gone the other way and bought an old Atco Royale B20 with
seat etc..

I'm assured it's in 'perfect' working order and I'm paying 120. I
think parts for this are...
Forum: Lawns 03-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Willshak
First Ride-on (AL-KO) - Will I be able to get parts?

YP1 wrote:
Well I made some enquiries with the parts guts at the Al-ko distributors
today and going by the serial number it sounds like its actually a
rebadged Murray rather than an Al-ko. Not...
Forum: Lawns 02-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Willshak
First Ride-on (AL-KO) - Will I be able to get parts?

YP1 wrote:
Hi,

This is my first post so hopefully I'm in the right place! I would
appreciate some advice from someone in the know so here's a little
background.

I'm in the process of...
Forum: Lawns 23-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Willshak
can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it

Forum: Lawns 22-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Replies: 7

princess wrote:
Can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it?

Of course they can. They compact the soil, and in a greater sense, cause
ruts when the ground is wet. My neighbor had a...
Forum: Lawns 10-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Willshak
Scotts Miracle-Glo Company to pay for Pesticide Violations

This is just for bird food violations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/10/scotts-miracle-gro-violations-criminal-fines_n_1865933.html?icid=maing-grid7|maing6|dl21|sec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D203295
or:...
Forum: Lawns 27-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Willshak
Lawns & guinea pigs

olyman wrote the following on 8/27/2012 1:20 PM (ET):
Hi, I am a newby here.
Recently moved into a property with a 25 x 35foot lawn. Our guinea pigs
are put on lawn in a run each day.
The...
Forum: Lawns 15-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Willshak
hi, new and need advice on laying a lawn

stinky minky wrote the following on 8/14/2012 5:43 AM (ET):
[image:
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss290/stinkyminky/IMGP3923.jpg]

First, get rid of all the debris and clean up...
Forum: Lawns 07-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Willshak
Grass Seed On Top Of Rocks!? WHAT THE HECK!?

Also, there was plastic sheeting under the rocks to keep weeds from
sprouting up, but he moved the rocks, and took the plastic out, then...
Forum: Lawns 07-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Willshak
Rabbits in flower bed

I have a rather large flower bed in my front yard. I've had good luck
with it so far, but this morning I discovered a rabbit in the bed and...
Forum: Lawns 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Willshak
Dog Pee Stains on the lawn

I have found the answer to my problem at last - for those like me with a
dog that leaves pee burns on the lawn behind them I must share...
Forum: Lawns 29-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Willshak
Lawn striper

mike wrote the following on 4/29/2012 4:05 AM (ET):
Hi Does anyone know where one can buy a Lawn Striper kit in the UK for
attachment to a mower? ...
Forum: Lawns 10-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Willshak
Gas found mixed with oil in my Troy-bilt lawn tractor

Ima Goodguy wrote the following on 4/9/2012 3:28 AM (ET):

Forum: Lawns 13-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Willshak
damage to my lawn?

deezine wrote the following:
I have a good quality lawned garden, but I am thinking of buying a log
cabin to use as a garden home office.

I am worried about possible damage to my lawn caused...
Forum: Lawns 28-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Willshak
Maypop

Bob Crachet wrote the following:
We use to have some Maypops along a fence but didn't rcognize what they
were.
I think they were all probably hollow.
Anyone raise Maypops or have them grow...
Forum: Lawns 27-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Willshak
ground cover

Dave wrote the following:

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
just started reading here.

have to redo the yard as it was...
Forum: Lawns 30-11-2011, 02:45 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Willshak
Eliminating zoysia without chemicals

ZoysiaSod wrote the following:
wrote:
Another consideration is if you have neighbors
who's lawns are contiguous with yours, zoysia will
invade it and take over. ...
Forum: Lawns 02-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Willshak
Qualcast Classic 35s - Throttle Issue

Stevied553 wrote the following:
Hi All,
I purchased a Classic 35s cheaply ( i already own one) as it was a
non-runner needing a Spark Plug & Service !-- Reality is I have had to
totally gut...
Forum: Lawns 02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Willshak
What happened to AHLG?

on 10/2/2011 9:02 AM (ET) wrote the following:
No posts and now can't get the old ones on...
Forum: Lawns 19-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Willshak
planting on a bank

Herb Eneva wrote the following:
I need help about what to do on my steep bank.
It is 50 ft long, 25 ft high and about a 22 degree slope.. Right now it
is covered with weeds and grass and is...
Forum: Lawns 28-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Willshak
Weed identification

Red wrote the following:
On Aug 27, 11:22 am, Frank wrote:

Hello, can anyone help toidentify this weed please and...
Forum: Lawns 21-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Willshak
PLEASE HELP! I have cut my new turf too short...

C. Leach wrote the following:
Hi there,

Over two weeks ago I had a gardener lay some lovely looking new turf in
my garden. I am not sure exactly what type of turf it was but it was the
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100

Forum Jump