Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 10.61 seconds.
Forum: Orchids 08-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
from aos

garden to remain open

http://www.aos.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home&CONTENTID=6559&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm

(thx stitz!)

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 07-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Holy pot shards, Batman!

Yowza. A little *too* interesting.

--j_a

Diana Kulaga wrote:
I should add something. The reason I am so sure it was a tornado is the
pattern. The south side of the pool and patio area got...
Forum: Orchids 01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
rain

yep, 3-speed oscillator on the 'chids 22/7.

it finally stopped raining. many gorgeous hours over the weekend.
more on tues. -sigh-

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 29-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
rain

oh, i'm not begrudging the dry any rain they may get, it's just i'm
starting to feel moldy. 72% humidity in the living room. and guess
what it's doing out there now? yep, pouring.

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 27-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
rain

ok, i am SO over this rain thing. three inches yesterday (DC area).

what do you folks who grow outside do when it rains/drizzles 24/7 for
ten days? do you bring any of them in, or just spray down...
Forum: Orchids 14-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Redland

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

http://www.aos.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home&CONTENTID=6452&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm

(scroll down to the pictures.)

:D

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 08-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Redland

one of these years i'm going to get down there for this... but not
til they unfreeze our salaries and stop firing ppl..

have fun !

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 04-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids Survey

it emailed me and said "you don't call, you don't write, i don't love
you anymore."

but seriously, these ID's can expire from non-use. my problem is lack
of access to the machine.

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 03-05-2009, 02:16 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids Survey

my motzarella subscription expired. :(

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
disposing of the body

so i had this honkin' huge antelope type den (big long name--lineale
hybid) that was really cute when i bought it lo those many years ago;
it took me quite a while to rebloom it (very pretty purple...
Forum: Orchids 30-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
more AOS gloom

OD is $34 for a year..... i've found a lot of their articles to be
more technical than the AOS bull, but either i'm getting more
knowledgeable, or they're getting a little more mainstream, as i...
Forum: Orchids 28-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
more AOS gloom

pricey. i only have a membership now cuz i get it for my birthday.

if i remember correctly, the report said that the trend seems to be
for people to join for a couple years, then lapse. i did that...
Forum: Orchids 27-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
more AOS gloom

what i want to know is what caused that huge spike in donations in
2006...? or is that the single big donation he mentioned..?

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 27-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
more AOS gloom

http://www.aos.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home&CONTENTID=6379&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 19-04-2009, 01:46 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
orchids in literature

yes, the running theme in the wan novels is an unknown cyp that one
of the protagonists is always madly looking for; it plays a
substantial part in the plot of each book. i like 'em. :) the...
Forum: Orchids 14-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
orchids in literature

michelle wan's novels:

deadly slipper

the orchid shroud

a twist of orchids (out in may)

and of course the orchid thief and.... and...., you know, mary
motes's book. :)
Forum: Orchids 27-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids Survey

i think i can still get it, but have to be home on the mac to do it
(as was always the case).

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 24-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
My Psychopsis problem

On Mar 24, 12:19*am, tenman wrote:
(i had to put mine in semi hydro; had it a year, it's been blooming
for ten months, but i wish it would grow a...
Forum: Orchids 23-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
My Psychopsis problem

(i had to put mine in semi hydro; had it a year, it's been blooming
for ten months, but i wish it would grow a new pbulb.)

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 23-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
My Psychopsis problem

mushy would seem to imply rot... how's your air circulation?

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 20-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
My Psychopsis problem

where are you located, and what kind of medium is the plant in?

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 11-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Orchid Books

On Mar 11, 11:36*am, LagoonLady wrote:

They are heavy and USPS no longer has the 'book rate' so be prepared
for some hefty postage charges.

last i looked, it was still...
Forum: Orchids 07-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Replies: 5
sterilizing clay..?

Got physan, got bleach, got an oven. Maybe I'll do all three. Thx
all. :)

But what is this "shine" you speak of in the oven ??

;-)

--j_a
Forum: Orchids 06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
sterilizing clay..?

someone please remind me how to sterilize clay pots? i have a honkin'
huge antelope type den that has CyMV; a bunch of its leaves (even
recent ones) are turning yellow all of a sudden and it may not...
Forum: Orchids 22-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
just got an email from the aos..

Oh, no-- the catt house is so huge I thought that was it... Place was
deserted when I got there, but the sign said they were open so I went
in an open door, and promptly set off all the motion...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100

Forum Jump